Hello, Newbie here

Discussion in 'Newbie Questions' started by watchidiot, Mar 13, 2014.

1. watchidiot

watchidiot Trader

Is it intelligent to trade two volumes? this is what a friend of mine suggested but I think it is increasing the risk by a lot.

2. Enivid

Enivid Administrator Staff Member

What is "two volumes"?

3. watchidiot

watchidiot Trader

Is lot not called volume in general? anyways, I was advised to trade something like .30 lots and then another .20 lots.

4. michael smith

michael smith Banned

You can trade 2 lots for deal, but don't forget to set SL. I traded by 3 Lots

5. Enivid

Enivid Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean two positions - one of 0.3 lots and one of 0.2 lots? It is hard to tell anything without more details, but why not open just one position of 0.5 lots?

6. michael smith

michael smith Banned

I think, he mean not 2 positions and 2.00 lots)))

7. Fxpipper

Fxpipper Master Trader

Hi Welcome to the forum and check out all the stickies for info on forex..good luck.

8. vicknic

vicknic Confirmed ProfiForex Representative

To trade such volume you need large capital. This will increase your pip value. When you win you win big, but when you lose you lose big as well. So, be careful with the volume you use.

9. michael smith

michael smith Banned

I think, every self-respecting broker write the information about risks related with trading on the homepage of their website, and every self-respecting trader read this info) Despite the fact that I don't think that Forex is Gambling, every trader knows that big volume is like MaxBet in a question of profit or loss.

10. michael smith

michael smith Banned

But maybe you're right, that you reminded about it)))