Fractal CCI Indicator

butama

Trader
Mar 22, 2019
I have found a number of Fractal based indicators for MT5
A while ago I did some strategy testing looking for divergence using Fractal CCI indicator.
The results were very promising, but, I was committed to another project then, and, now find I have time to revisit the idea.
Being a coding illiterate, I have some general coding questions.
1) Is it possible to convert an MT5 indicator to MT4?
2) Is it possible to amend the indicator to show divergences

Attachments

• Fractal_CCI.mq5
    29.3 KB · Views: 56

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1) Is it possible to convert an MT5 indicator to MT4?

Yes, but this one looks like it has been converted from MT4 to MT5. So, it might be wise to look for the original version first.

2) Is it possible to amend the indicator to show divergences

Yes, but building a divergence indicator is quite difficult. It is probably easier to find an existing divergence indicator and plug this Fractal_CCI into its input.

butama

Trader
Mar 22, 2019
Yes, but this one looks like it has been converted from MT4 to MT5. So, it might be wise to look for the original version first

Yes, but building a divergence indicator is quite difficult. It is probably easier to find an existing divergence indicator and plug this Fractal_CCI into its input.

Thank you for your response Enivid,
I have searched for sometime for an MT4 version. No joy as yet, hence my post. I will continue to search. I do however set up charts on a demo MT5 and translate trades over to MT4. There is a bundle of similar indicators that I've not seen MT4 versions of.

Interesting, as I said I am completely illiterate when it comes to coding, if you are able to provide some guidance it would be appreciated. I have a number of possible divergence indicators

Attachments

• CCI_Divergence.mq5
    27.4 KB · Views: 22

Zuki

Trader
Jul 28, 2021
The only sensible Divergence indicator out there is PZ divergence lite indicator which stop working . Only the paid version available with no source code available.

All others can't code.

Zuki

Trader
Jul 28, 2021
Yes, but this one looks like it has been converted from MT4 to MT5. So, it might be wise to look for the original version first.

Why is it difficult for a experienced meta trader coder to find it difficult to code the divergence?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Why is it difficult for a experienced meta trader coder to find it difficult to code the divergence?
Because it requires not only defining the divergence, which involves working both with the separate indicator window and the price window, but also marking them somehow, which usually requires working with chart objects in two windows. That's a lot more than a normal indicator coding usually involves.

• 👍
Reactions: Zuki

Zuki

Trader
Jul 28, 2021
Because it requires not only defining the divergence, which involves working both with the separate indicator window and the price window, but also marking them somehow, which usually requires working with chart objects in two windows. That's a lot more than a normal indicator coding usually involves.
But there is already indicator source code out there that are available to look at .

Divergence is like comparing 2 charts .

Using a reversion concept to detect the divergence , then use zigzag swings to select the swings you want to check for divergence .

If swing price 200 had a value 60 cci reading .

if price retest 200 price level going up and the value of cci reading is below 60 then its a divergence.

1 base on price.

The other base on value

1 lead and the other follow

But they have 1 thing in common and that is market structure