Forex Currency: IMF Expects A Slight Depreciation of USD

amandalanlulei

Active Trader
Jun 28, 2010
201007121645550255.jpg

Forex Currency---- International Monetary Fund (IMF) estimated last Thursday that the dollar would depreciate slightly in the next five years.

“What should be pointed out is that, based on the fundamentals we see”, said David Robinson, vice director of IMF Western Hemisphere Research Department, “the dollar may depreciate to a slight degree in five years.”

“I cannot give an accurate data, because estimated error might be big. I mean the depreciation may be small, not very big,”he added.

According to him, in recent several months, USD/euro forex rate surged, but the dollar forex rate didn’t rose much against a package of major currencies. Although the appreciation of the dollar “does not help” to maintain global economic recovery, it “would not ruin the recovery”.

IMF also indicated that the downside risks of US economic recovery had increased. If the released US economic statistics of the future months remains weak, IMF may have to consider a lower estimation.--Forex Currency

If interested:

Last edited:

Petra Filiz

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2010
I'm considering purchasing a program that is an automated trading "robot" on the forex currency exchange. Has anyone out there ever had a fallout or lost a lot of money using this system?