Forex Brokers for Beginners

A

AntjeWagner

In order to not burn your fingers, newbie traders should find a good balance. The brokers should have good trading conditions, fast execution of course and needs to be well regulated and secured. I always recommend EU brokers more than others.
trading conditions depend on the own trading needs but since newbies do not have a strategy at the beginning, since they need to find their way, just care for having smooth conditions and Spreads below 1 pip. ... it often SEEMS that all brokers have below 1 pip in eurusd, BUT real conditions while trading are mostly others ;) so do not look on what they publish on their page, but check out via Demo or small live as well as research on the Broker.

• 👍
Reactions: Oli_jackson
In order to not burn your fingers, newbie traders should find a good balance. The brokers should have good trading conditions, fast execution of course and needs to be well regulated and secured. I always recommend EU brokers more than others.
trading conditions depend on the own trading needs but since newbies do not have a strategy at the beginning, since they need to find their way, just care for having smooth conditions and Spreads below 1 pip. ... it often SEEMS that all brokers have below 1 pip in eurusd, BUT real conditions while trading are mostly others ;) so do not look on what they publish on their page, but check out via Demo or small live as well as research on the Broker.

I agree! Well, I have been researching about it but most of the brokers I talked are a bit hesitant on telling the prospect time to see changes and results. have you tried it with your broker? It is just recently I have looked upon some brokers which particularly offers ECN accounts. I am depending on recommendations for now of which I am quite disappointed on my previous broker and for what I have researched. So far there's only one I am trying for now which is a recommended broker from my colleagues which is from JAFX. Although I need more to know about them but as I can see on their site which is here, www.jafx.com/jafx-ecn-account, they are quite legit and highly recommended from my workmates at the bank.

A

AntjeWagner

yeah, well. i give exact numbers and figures to my clients when they ask. it does not help me if i tell them some lower Spread to gain them as client and at the end they see the truth. but well, i do not have to hide our conditions or be shy - our trading circumstances are great, so :)

JAFX, seriously? there is no regulation. in their FAQs they right "JAFX is currently not regulated. Regulation takes a very long time to setup and we are in the process of applying for regulation"

further info on the T/Cs:
"Customer will bear the risk of all unauthorized instructions by its Representatives and will indemnify and hold JAFX harmless from all claims [...] unauthorized or fraudulent instructions by the Representatives."

Very important info regarding fund protection:
"Customer acknowledges and agrees that Accounts are segregated in the JAFX’s books and records only, and Customer’s funds are not FDIC-insured."

Another one with the intent to get as much funds as possible from clients:
"Customer shall provide and maintain margin in such amounts and in such forms as JAFX, in its sole discretion, may require. Customer agrees to deposit by immediate wire transfer such additional margin when and as required by JAFX, and will immediately meet all Margin Calls in such mode of transmission as JAFX shall, in its sole discretion, designate. JAFX may change margin requirements at any time without prior notice."

and everywhere:
"AFX may change its charges without notice"
"without prior notice"
"without notice to Customer"
"JAFX may without notice"

Well. sorry for those direct words but... trade with them and you gonna lose all! no security, no regulation, you HAVE to meet their requirements and you MUST not hold them liable.

• 👍
Reactions: Alexfx79
yeah, well. i give exact numbers and figures to my clients when they ask. it does not help me if i tell them some lower Spread to gain them as client and at the end they see the truth. but well, i do not have to hide our conditions or be shy - our trading circumstances are great, so :)

JAFX, seriously? there is no regulation. in their FAQs they right "JAFX is currently not regulated. Regulation takes a very long time to setup and we are in the process of applying for regulation"

further info on the T/Cs:
"Customer will bear the risk of all unauthorized instructions by its Representatives and will indemnify and hold JAFX harmless from all claims [...] unauthorized or fraudulent instructions by the Representatives."

Very important info regarding fund protection:
"Customer acknowledges and agrees that Accounts are segregated in the JAFX’s books and records only, and Customer’s funds are not FDIC-insured."

Another one with the intent to get as much funds as possible from clients:
"Customer shall provide and maintain margin in such amounts and in such forms as JAFX, in its sole discretion, may require. Customer agrees to deposit by immediate wire transfer such additional margin when and as required by JAFX, and will immediately meet all Margin Calls in such mode of transmission as JAFX shall, in its sole discretion, designate. JAFX may change margin requirements at any time without prior notice."

and everywhere:
"AFX may change its charges without notice"
"without prior notice"
"without notice to Customer"
"JAFX may without notice"

Well. sorry for those direct words but... trade with them and you gonna lose all! no security, no regulation, you HAVE to meet their requirements and you MUST not hold them liable.

Thank you for your concern! I really appreciate it. :) Well, in fact, you are right on some of your information, yet their site was not updated. I have regularly talked to them since I started along with my other colleagues who have invested ahead of me in them. So far, they have no any troubles with them. Most of the expectations are already met that is why I have been trying to work well with them :)

A

AntjeWagner

alright, then have success :) i cross fingers that everything stays as smooth as it is right now.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
Well, a broker you are promoting here is so new and if it is, I don't get why can't they update the website. I think, updating the information is even more than essential for companies that are not more than 1 year old yet.
And as AntjeWagner has already said, there is no words about regulations.
I hope that traders who will decide to work with them, won't lose their money as fast as with all that '1-year' companies that finally close and disappear... :)

• 👍
Reactions: AntjeWagner

Lukas Schmidt

Trader
Jun 27, 2016
Oftentimes, beginners were trying to get forex brokers to help them in trading. As a lot of brokers available that offers good results, I wonder what would be the best forex brokers that offers the best advantage for beginners?

What do you exactly mean by "brokers that offers the best advantage for beginners?" What is the best advantage for beginner traders in your opinion?

A

AntjeWagner

US regulated brokers can be hardly found nowadays to be honest. Most referred and recommended regulation is the european one. FCA, BaFin, CySec. those are also the strictest and most secured.

nicernacon

Trader
Mar 24, 2017
US regulated brokers can be hardly found nowadays to be honest. Most referred and recommended regulation is the european one. FCA, BaFin, CySec. those are also the strictest and most secured.
What min deposit in these brokers? Should I be a US citizen to open an account there?

A

AntjeWagner

for US brokers? not sure to be honest. I am not much aware of the regulations and requirements for those Brokers as we have no common client group. maybe someone else her knows.

ema watts

Trader
Feb 2, 2017

I agree! Test before you invest. Newbies should really study well about the broker they are planning to choose. I when started trading did complete analysis on trading conditions of a few brokers. Start with demo to learn about the platforms and then test the actual conditions with a micro account maybe. That’s my advice on forex brokers for the beginners.

jameswilliam

Trader
Jan 31, 2017