Experience or Education?

aleandane

Trader
Jun 3, 2013
To be a good trader, one must have an experience however, you must learn about forex. Thus, basic education is needed. Please share your opinions.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
First a trader need to get learning and nowledge of forex trading. If he had an opportunity to get forex education this thing will support him. After learning he can make experience of trading by doing practice.Experience without learning is not possible.

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
I think experience is the best teacher, however you still need to know the basic in order to make it.

FRX

Trader
May 23, 2013
Before you start gaining experience you must 1st realize what you are looking at. If you have some really high IQ you may go right into and try to look for some common repeating patters on nuances, but for normal people it is probably better to obtain some knowledge about what other traders think/are looking at.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Education first so you know what experience you need to gather.

dragon

Trader
Jun 18, 2013
well in forex you need both experience and education because you need education for experience and experience is for profit in forex

Jessica

Trader
Jul 3, 2013
Actually I think that for starting Forex trading one should have only education..to all my friends who want to start trading I suggest to read the following book "Make Forex Trading Simple".It really helps newbies...:)

I was turned onto Forex at the beginning of last year, 2012. I followed my buddy's advice and started learning online through the various forums and edu websites. At the same time, I opened my first DEMO Acct and started practicing what I read.

I'm "disabled" via US Military so it was all I did, 24/7. And I never even considered a Live Account until this year. It has paid off wonderfully. We're told "Find a method/system you like and master it!" I did! I've combined two methods: basket trading and Auto-Scaling those baskets. My first BIG trade was a basket that gave me $5200 (my recent Euro trip). My last big trade was $10.5K on a scaled basket.

No more single currency pair trading for me. The real money is elsewhere.

We have to learn new terms, a new "language" and interpretive perspectives. Then, we have to learn to put it all together. The ease of that comes from the time you study which may be from a site or just watching Price Action on your platform.

It's there if you want it bad enough. A book might not teach you what you want to know but practice will enlighten you every time. My premise was "I learn nothing from winning, only verification. It's a losing trade that contains the education I still need."

Last edited:

sumonprof

Trader
Jun 9, 2013
I think that education and experience both are needed for being successful in forex trading market because an uneducated people can never succeed in forex trading market and a people having luck of experience can not succeed in forex market.

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
My premise was "I learn nothing from winning, only verification. It's a losing trade that contains the education I still need."

I agree, you learn far more from losing trades than you do from winning trades. So by that premise new traders should learn a lot quicker. :)

The problem is knowing why the trade failed. If you don't know why, then that is a problem.

I feel very privileged to be in the position i am in, but it was not without hard work, dedication, and education from some of the best traders in the business. And if anyone else wants to be really successful in this business, then those are the things you need to focus on.

sourcecodefx

Active Trader
May 15, 2013
Shanghai
www.myfxbook.com
I think that education and experience both are needed for being successful in forex trading market because an uneducated people can never succeed in forex trading market and a people having luck of experience can not succeed in forex market.
Yeah, I agree.
It's AND, not OR.
I think we should have some basic knowledge of forex market and then accumulate experience.
It's not something like natural science, instead, it's a mam-made market full off rules.
We can find gravity by falling apples, but we cannot not make pips by just sitting in front of our computers, enjoying the radiation.

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
I was turned onto Forex at the beginning of last year, 2012. I followed my buddy's advice and started learning online through the various forums and edu websites. At the same time, I opened my first DEMO Acct and started practicing what I read.

I'm "disabled" via US Military so it was all I did, 24/7. And I never even considered a Live Account until this year. It has paid off wonderfully. We're told "Find a method/system you like and master it!" I did! I've combined two methods: basket trading and Auto-Scaling those baskets. My first BIG trade was a basket that gave me $5200 (my recent Euro trip). My last big trade was $10.5K on a scaled basket.

We have to learn new terms, a new "language" and interpretive perspectives. Then, we have to learn to put it all together. The ease of that comes from the time you study which may be from a site or just watching Price Action on your platform.

It's there if you want it bad enough. A book might not teach you what you want to know but practice will enlighten you every time. My premise was "I learn nothing from winning, only verification. It's a losing trade that contains the education I still need."

That's amazing!

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada

I agree with you on everything except the demo account part, but hey it worked for you so not criticizing here.

jakir0079

Trader
May 30, 2012
Bangladesh
I think education and experience both are most important for gain success in Forex market because without without learn and experience no one can gain success in Forex market. So try to unlimited study, hard work and get good skills on trading for success in Forex market.

Rockefeller

Master Trader
Jul 12, 2013
London
If you want to be a good trader then you have to learn all the time. Market is changing all the time and good system you have today may not work in future. So you have to keep an eye on market developments and change your system if it does not work anymore.