Do You Use A Master Template?

I'm often amazed by the lack of people using custom templates to trade with. Most trade straight MT4/5 charts. Me? Never. I like having an "edge." So, how does one come by a "Master Template?" Well, I built my own. Here's how...

Somewhere on your hard drive resides a folder with all your Forex stuff in it. Right? In there, you have programs/packages that you received or purchased but either didn't like the attached method or included addition indicators. Still with me? Good.

However, there's probably ONE template that you like the looks of, like the info it gives you and you DID glean a bit of profit with it in the past. THAT'S your target beginning template. I use the Mass Pips package basic template.

Now, bring it up in your platform. Look at it. What info is it missing? First, I added some basic indicators. Then I went on a hunt for more. Not just "more," but, "verifiers of what I had already included. After you add an indicator, save the template under the same name in your platform.

I now run 6 instant and 6 "verifying" indicators. Once I get verification of the primary signal, I pull the trigger. This has worked out nicely for me and it'll help your trading a great deal.

Remember, just because it came in a package, it doesn't have to stay with nor conform to it's package. Mix and match. Make it work.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
You can just save a chart you like as 'default' in templates. Every chart you bring up after that will be the way you want it.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
I'm missing something? We are only talking about chart colors and indicators and calling it 'master template' right???

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
Oh, like a skin? What else can be changed other than color or indi. Are you changing the whole look ex. price tags on the right/date font on bottom? Maybe post a pic?

Here's another example.

A couple days ago, I watched a webinar. Presenter showed how he had made a Master Template. Here's his mix:

SMA 100 Blue
EMA 100 Red
EMA 13 White
EMA 21 Magenta
EMA 5/6 Crossover (Red/White)

To which I added:

Igel-Spread
P4L Candle Time
Bollinger Bands
Power Fuse

Works like a champ now. Verification is from outside inward. First, the 100s. Then the two EMAs. Next, the 5/6 crossover arrows and finally, Power Fuse.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
Nothing special like that. Just a beginning custom template, then adding indicators that tell and verify things I want to constantly be aware of. The idea of simply using standard MT4 charts are akin to going fishing with one hook. The MT4 stuff is good, but where there's good, there's better.

I get it now, sorry I'm not the quickest study:rolleyes:. If its making you money thats all that counts.....standard stock chart or elaberate thats how I really feel.