Do you think Breakout trading is good?

fx4ever

Active Trader
Mar 22, 2013
Hi folks,

Do you think trading breakout is good? Do u trust on breakout?
have you got any technique to detect false breakout and save your money from it?

Thanks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I mostly trade breakouts from the consolidation areas.

Unfortunately, there is no reliable techniques of detecting false breakout, that is why I usually use a tight stop-loss level on breakouts to reduce losses in case of a false breakout.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
No matter how complex, when you break 90+% of entry techniques down they all end up being in some form one of two options. The break out or the fade (reversal/pullback etc.).
I "do my best" to gauge if a instrument is statistically more likely to break out or pull back. Then implement either entry strategy based on that or look to trade something else. Take the Eu/Usd from Sept. until recently. It had in my opinion, much much higher chance of breaking short than just ranging and everyone felt the same for the most part, so statistically your chances of success should be higher. The mini dow during QE was damn near free money trading break outs. Now its better to fade the edges or stay away all together in my opinion. Is the instrument your looking to trade most likely to brake or fade? That's what I kinda ask myself. If I can get in line with that orderflow, take good entry's and not fumble up my trade management I should come out on top. So trading break outs are good and bad same for reversals.

Last edited:

Bosschick

Aug 5, 2015
Trading breakout is good. It is easy to grasp and is a quick win strategy that can lead to high profits. The largest profits in any market usually lie in the first few bars of a newly forming trend.

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
In breakout strategy you can easily check the history. Mainly its traded with London session open, so you can check the history of any pair and then you can trade this strategy with ease. You need more screen time as you have to check for breakouts after every hour.

Sarah12

Aug 12, 2015
Trading breakout is good. It is easy to grasp and is a quick win strategy that can lead to high profits. The largest profits in any market usually lie in the first few bars of a newly forming trend.

Yes I agree,this strategy coupled with an appropriate money management could yield good results,But one thing I bear in mind is that not all market conditions are conditioned for this strategy,hence I look out for volatile currency pair,break and then set a stop loss to limit losses.

Last edited:

Callagy20

Trader
Jul 24, 2015
Trading breakout is a good strategy that many traders use for their entries. Price action traders have the advantage of trading with the trend on their side and then they could be the first to notice market reversals. In breakout trading, after looking for the previous swing high or low in an uptrend, trading a price action breakout becomes quite an easy process. When it comes to preparing for a market order, I will advise breakout traders to use entry orders because I have found entry orders to be pretty reliable as an effective and easy way to prepare for a market breakout. Basically in the forex market, an entry order is seen as a pending order. After you have located a breakout point to place an entry order, it is necessary for the trader to consider to how they would possibly manage the amount of risk. In normal trading conditions when trading a breakout in a fresh downtrend, you the forex trader should have in mind to place stops at a point above the broken line of previous support.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
BO is one of the most popular entry point; of course, it brings more opportunities; but the thing is you need to read the market momentum so keenly if you wanna be a successful trader by the BO trading.

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
I don't really like the trading breakthrough. More like a rebound from the level. Nevertheless, I think in November and December the strategy of trade breakthroughs is good. Just don't ask why these months.