Do you prefer fixed spreads or dynamic spreads?

autotrading

Trader
Feb 21, 2022
London (United Kingdom)
I'm preferring static spread, because it's much easier to calculate and predict the costs. Dynamic spreads are scam for increasing the broker's profit. You don't know how much will be your costs in case use dynamic spread. When we talk about money, I don't like not being able to calculate what will happen.

Ak04

Trader
May 31, 2022
Hey guys,

do you prefer fixed spreads or do you prefer dynamic spreads? What does your broker offer you?

Thanks for taking time to respond.
The more important question is where the spreads are coming from.

If you have fixed spreads you are putting your money with a B-book broker. B-book brokers internalize ALL order flow and none of it touches the actual market. B-book brokers have ZERO interests in seeing you make money. It is a lie if they say they do.

There are some that are both A&B, but typically only about 5% of their client flow is put into the Abook. The quality of the A-book is another whole different topic.

98% of forex brokers are B-book brokers.

Most won't even care as they are losing traders, but to those with larger accounts and/or do care about these things: B-book brokers will manipulate spread, hold times, latency, slippage etc. with horrible feeds that you won't even realize is happening. They will even resort to price manipulation....ALL off-shore brokers are THE biggest offenders.

alzheimer

Banned
Apr 7, 2022
Previously, when trading intraday, a floating spread was more profitable for me because it was typically lower than a fixed spread.
Fixed spreads are too high and also they don't guarantee there won't be slippage that's why I don't recommend using this account type. Raw spread+commission is the cheapest account type in my view.