Do you agree with me that leverage is the killer ?

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
Well i met a lot of new traders who blasted their accounts in 2-3 Months time. Often i notice these new traders trade big lots relative to their account size and that's often the reason of failure. So I call it leverage the killer.

Do you agree with me using bigger lot size is often reason for failure for most of the traders ? Please share your story and feedback

angle13

Banned
Jun 17, 2013
yeah. with high leverage. it will make bigger lose but i can bring bigger profit. importance is trader who can earn money

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Leverage is not the killer--a lack of understanding ,poor execution, and inexperience are lethal

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
Leverage is not the killer--a lack of understanding ,poor execution, and inexperience are lethal

well said actually a trader has to learn how to make use of leverages, there are many traders who use leverage very smartly to book profits.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
No, I don't agree with you, leverage can work in your favor if you actually know what you are doing.

tobeone

Master Trader
Jul 3, 2013
It's a FOREST GUMP Logic, Leverage vs No Leverage.
With 0 leverage you'll struggle to beat inflation.
It's all mathematics. You know how much you lose. And you know that you have at least 100 tries to open a new position after each loss. I use reversed martingale money management. I reduce my position size by 2 after each loss so I have huge quantity of bullets in my machine gun. Once you're backed by this, you try your best to reduce losses. You also need at least 1:2 average risk:profit ratio to cover your losses by 1/2 position size. This money management is not ok with low profit ratio strategies neither.