Do We Need to Tell the People Blatant Truth About Trading?

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
When I first started trading, I was attracted to it by solicited and unsolicited promises from vendors that I could become rich through their strategies and speculation solutions. But what I experienced was totally different than what those vendors promised me. Success is possible in trading, but how to attain it isn’t what those vendors are saying. At the same time, we’re also afraid that if we tell people that trading isn’t easy and that it requires hard work and continuous persistence to succeed. That may scare them away. What do you think: tell people the truth about trading and possibly scare them away, or tell them what can attract them?

BlindFA

Trader
Apr 29, 2013
Why would you be scared to tell them? Are you a scammy vendor?

I've been teaching forex trading for years and I've always been upfront and honest about how difficult it is to succeed. I found that people usually get more motivated by that, knowing that they would become some sort of "genius" for actually succeeding where most people fail.

jayomer

Trader
Jul 10, 2013
i think its not bet to tell much poeple about your forex trading
cause sometimes poeple let you down when you loss and encaurege you to stop forex trading

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
It is always better to be honest, even when it comes to trading. Why would you want to tell anyone that it is easy when it is the exact opposite..
Think about it, word of mouth is the one that seals the deal most of the time..and dissatisfied clients are not going to be singing your praises..

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
Trading Forex at a professional level is probably one of the hardest jobs you will ever undertake, but once you have cracked it, its the best job in the world. Everyone i teach is fully aware of how difficult trading is, they would not be paying me to teach them if it was easy.

bkhsdsudhk

Trader
Jul 7, 2013
Forex trading itself is very difficult, because there becomes a huge leverage risk, so every decision requires careful

safitri

Banned
May 30, 2013
indonesia
Hahaha....
it seems that you are join in local broker. don't ever join in local broker guys..
and don't ever to use someone to trade your fund in a broker. it's very danger...
The best ways is trade your fund by yourself..
Learn more about trading before going to trade...
trading in forex is amazing guys...

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Conflict

Excuse me for gettng a little philosophical but after years of trading I have come to realize that there is a basic conflict /contradiction in most traders, myself included, that bears on the question and that is this: the ingredient that attracted us to forex trading in the first place was the seemng ease of makng money and makng it fast and only to find out that it takes years of persistance ,dedication and patience to make money consistently---hence the conflict. Us type A's are stuck n a type C envoirment-- But you begin to enjoy it after a while--EB

My take is that many times we fall into thinking things that are not correct. I, personally, don't follow the rules. I don't listen to vendors or "gurus." There are three "gurus" I've turned onto Scaled Basket Trading. They didn't know about until I contacted them. They love it now.

I decided early on I'd have no live accts in my first year. That saved a lot of anguish. Then, I learned how to "test" a trade before I took it. I played a lot of "what if" scenarios before actual trades were opened.

I won't say I'm right and you're wrong. I will state an observation though. I read where many in Forex are wasting time, worrying about non-existent problems. You spend much more time disecting and analyzing a trade than I do. Yet, I make bank and you don't. I have to ask myself "Why?"

While Forex is not easy, it's also not hard. It's what YOU (and I) make it. If you are not making money, you need to search through your method and style to find the faulty concept. Then, you have to find a productive concept to replace it with. Failed trades are your "classroom." Winning trades only verify what you already know. I've found that the real money is "outside the box."

Last edited:

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Trading Forex at a professional level is probably one of the hardest jobs you will ever undertake, but once you have cracked it, its the best job in the world.

Very well put Rob, I keep telling new traders the exact same and recently read another thread by a pro-trader who compared it to pro-sports. I agree with it.