Demo accounts manipulation

Amy4

Trader
Mar 15, 2023
Is it true that brokers manipulate demo accounts and make you feel like wining to tempt you to deposit in real accounts?
Demo accounts do have some limitations and differences compared to live trading accounts.
It's important to choose a broker with a good reputation and to thoroughly test their demo accounts before depositing real funds.

Ara

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
That is possible. One form of manipulation that has been reported is the manipulation of prices.

wagtrader

May 2, 2023
Is it true that brokers manipulate demo accounts and make you feel like wining to tempt you to deposit in real accounts?
In most cases, brokers cannot manipulate demo accounts as they are designed to simulate live trading conditions without the use of real money. Demo accounts are intended to help traders practice their trading strategies and become familiar with the trading platform, without risking any real funds.

However, it's important to note that demo accounts may not always accurately reflect live trading conditions. For example, slippage and order execution times may differ from live trading conditions, and some brokers may offer better trading conditions on their demo accounts compared to their live accounts.

Therefore, while demo accounts can be a useful tool for traders, it's important to keep in mind that they are not always a perfect representation of live trading conditions. To get a better understanding of actual trading conditions, traders should consider opening a small live account and testing their trading strategies with real money.

Chadpowell

Trader
Apr 8, 2023
New York
I think it is not possible!
The difference is that you have emotions on your real account but you do not have them on your demo accounts. Fear, Greed, ...
If you pay attention to this simple point you will not think of these kinds of rumors!
The market is the same, that is you and your reaction that makes the difference!

Ara

Trader
Apr 24, 2023
The difference is that you have emotions on your real account but you do not have them on your demo accounts. Fear, Greed, ...
If you pay attention to this simple point you will not think of these kinds of rumors!
The market is the same, that is you and your reaction that makes the difference!
I get where you're coming from, but I think emotions can mess with your head in both real and demo trading accounts. Even though demo accounts don't involve actual money they still let you get a feel for how things work in real trading.

Apr 18, 2023
Demo accounts are valuable for practice, but beware of manipulations. Stay honest, use them to refine strategies, and transition to live trading cautiously. Keep learning and connect with experienced traders for guidance. Trade responsibly and stay prepared for real market challenges.

RicardoFx11

Banned
May 25, 2023
I agree. I have been trading for a year, and when I use a demo account and trade, I am able to gain a good profit, but when I go live with the same strategy that I have used in the demo, I do not gain the same amount of profit, or sometimes I even fail to win the trade.

wagtrader

May 2, 2023
You're absolutely right! Emotions can play a significant role in trading, and they tend to be more prevalent when trading with a real account compared to a demo account.

Glossy

Trader
Aug 2, 2021
Poland
A demo account has the same graph as a real account, for me a demo account is a friend.

jelousgal

Banned
May 3, 2023
Some traders believe that brokers may manipulate demo accounts to create a false sense of winning. However, it's important to note that not all brokers engage in such practices.