dashboards..... how and why...

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
metatrader is fast..... far faster than me for sure.....

in less than 1 minute it can scan every pair on every timeframe for every known signal and return the results along with the expected time left of the current signal if any.....

and in 2 minutes it can do 4 times more......

that's a lot of valuable information.... trouble it's more than we can handle unless put in a form we can assimilate......

this is where dashboards can become your new best friend...... from simple to complex, the choice is yours..... if you start off simple, they are really quite easy to code..... take your time...... take small steps.....
//------

are they for everybody..... of course not.....

are they a guaranteed money maker..... of course not.....

but they seem to help me..... and in just a few easy steps you might find they help you.....

don't let the code intimidate you...... you can do it...... below is step one.....h

//------

//----

Attachments

• step one.mq4
    3.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
step three.... conditional text colors based on signals.....

do not sell yourself short...... you can do it.....h
//----

Attachments

• step three.mq4
    5.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 👍

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
step 4...... wingdings......

step 5 will focus on the aligator like seen in post one's comparisons video..... and perhaps something new..... such as wingdings to represent the 'zone' as described by bill williams..... it had not occurred to me before but that might be of value..... possibly we could use underscores, "_", conditionally colored to represent buy, sell or wait zones......h
//-----

Attachments

• step four.mq4
    6.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 👍

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
learning to code explorations in metatrader like we do in some of the other platforms is quite easy..... and good overall practice.... just go slow..... one line at a time..... understand that line before moving to the next.....

they don't call it, "DIY VISUAL" for nothing..... one brick at a time...... you can do it.....h

//-----
//-----

MQL4:
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int start()
  {
//---
       string symlist[20]          = {"EURUSD", "EURNZD", "EURAUD", "EURCAD", "EURGBP", "EURJPY", "USDJPY", "NZDJPY", "CADJPY", "GBPJPY", "AUDJPY",
                                      "USDCAD", "AUDNZD", "AUDUSD", "AUDCAD", "GBPAUD", "GBPCAD", "GBPUSD", "GBPNZD", "NZDUSD"};

int    tf[7]                = {15,30,60,240,1440,10080,43200};  

int i,k,bars;

if(bars != Bars)
       { 

for(i=0;i<20;i++)
       {

for(k=0;k<7;k++)
       {
       double alma   = iCustom(symlist[i],tf[k],"alma",0,1);
       double bbands = iCustom(symlist[i],tf[k],"bbands",1,1);

}

}     
       bars   = Bars;                  

}

//---
   return(0);

}
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//-----

Attachments

• bbands.mq4
    12.6 KB · Views: 22
  • alma.mq4
    7.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 👍

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
another somewhat useful application of the simple easy to memorize code above..... this time it's used to view the bars in history at a glance.....

do not think you can't..... you can.....h

//---

//-----

Attachments

• count bars.mq4
    2.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 👍

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
step 6..... included buy and sell zones...... along with bullish and bearish divergence arrows.......

will begin putting it into practice this week...... just as a small test run.....

next step will likely be the 0.0 line cross of both awesome and accelerator indicators..... and perhaps those other signals involving the awesome/accelerator indicators.......h

//------

Attachments

• step six.mq4
    12.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 👍
Reactions: whalez and Enivid

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
still slow going on collecting full set of current rules..... they seemed to have changed with each book..... 3 books.... sometimes a precise understanding of terms is difficult......

wrote a indicator for zones and divergence....

video below is an explanation of multiple page expert advisors more than anything else.....

step 7 should be ready this week...... or next....h
//----

audusd-d1-oanda-division1.png

//----

Attachments

• ao ac zone with divergence.mq4
    5.1 KB · Views: 31
  • ao ac zone with divergence sep.mq4
    5.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 👍

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
possibly improved version of the zone indicator..... video explanation below....h

//------

eurgbp-h4-oanda-division1-chaos.png

//-----

//----

Attachments

• ao ac zone, with divergence, fractals and more.mq4
    10.1 KB · Views: 27

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
chaos in mtf format..... with video to explain.....

will upload the writing of simple web pages using metaeditor along with easy to personalize code later..... and by easy i mean easy....... you can do it.....

years ago we used notepad to write internet web pages for our own sites..... those days are gone but metaeditor is a type of notepad and can be used..... creating a specific "local" web page for a specific purpose cuts down on wastin time scratchin around on terabyte sized drives for the same info twice......

and time is money..... waste not..... want not.....h

//------

Attachments

• chaos mtf by indicator.mq4
    20.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 👍