China is ready for tough countermeasures

FIBO_Group

Master Trader
Jun 20, 2016
www.fibogroup.com
Market Watch
China is ready for tough countermeasures

Let's start today's issue with the conflict between the US and China. I will your draw attention to the fact that China is still trying to restore the fragile peace agreement. The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls on the United States to rectify its mistakes and stop heading in the wrong direction or otherwise China will make moves protect its own interests as well as security.

To confirm China is serious with its intentions, Bloomberg published a report informing that the Chinese government ordered large state agricultural firms to suspend purchases of some US agricultural products from the United States. As a result, the US dollar came under intense selling pressure. In early trading in Asia, we observed a significant strengthening of the AUD/USD currency pair, which continued into the first half of the European session and amounted to almost 2%. Which means at this time that active market purchases are no longer appropriate.

Now let's move on to the oil market, which continues to recover amid optimism regarding the upcoming OPEC + meeting, which will be announced today. Currently the demand for oil of the American grade WTI remains moderate. The Bulls are failing to break above $ 36 per barrel. As a result, the risk of corrective decline remains elevated.

I will also draw your attention to the fact that during the European trading session there will be no important macroeconomic publications. In any case trading activity remains quite high. Given all this, there is a risk of a surge in volatility during the opening of markets in the United States. Any US response to China, as well as certain news releases can have a strong impact on the US currency.

It is also necessary to consider the risks for the US stock market. The main indices began to adjust during the premarket, so I do not exclude an increase in selling activity when the market opens. Pressure is exerted not only by the conflict between the USA and China, but also by internal conflicts and unrest in the country. Therefore, the volatility of trading during the American session may increase significantly.

That’s all from me. It would be wise to closely monitor the latest news and be prepared for any surprises in the market.
=======
Trade with the Fibo Group!

#MarketWatch