Candle Wicks Length Display

ngorst

Trader
Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am just trying to find a simple EA that will email me when a CANDLE close with a WICK greater than a specified number of pips.

Anyone know where i can find this?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
I've coded the indicators you wanted for both MT4 and MT5. Please, see the attachments and let me know if anythings should be changed. BTW, it should be indicator, not EA, since it doesn't trade.

Thread renamed to fit the content and moved to Indicators subforum.

Attachments

• CandleWicks.mq4
    2.8 KB · Views: 91
  • CandleWicks.mq5
    3.2 KB · Views: 25

felipefxr

Trader
May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've coded the indicators you wanted for both MT4 and MT5. Please, see the attachments and let me know if anythings should be changed. BTW, it should be indicator, not EA, since it doesn't trade.

Thread renamed to fit the content and moved to Indicators subforum.

Enivid! I was checking out your indicator and I was wondering if there is a way to modify it a bit. Is there a way to put an arrow up/down for the wicks that are x amount of pips.

Basically the indicator would only put an arrow once the candle has been closed and if it was x amount of pips (determined on input by user). And for back-testing, if the indicator could put all arrows in the chart even those candles that already have passed? So when you scroll back into the past you would be able to see the arrows?

Maybe it's asking too much but I believe we would all benefit from it

Thanks so much! :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odessa
www.earnforex.com
Anyway, I've decided to go with plain numbers displayed in different colors. See the attachments. Indicator is available for MT4 and MT5 and it adds functionality to the previous. Display can be turned off by setting the DisplayWickLimit to something ridiculously high. This limit is given in "normal" pips, not fractional and doesn't depend on your broker.

Attachments

• CandleWicksDisplay.mq4
    5.6 KB · Views: 78
  • CandleWicksDisplay.mq5
    6.5 KB · Views: 33

manuno

Trader
Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Hola , busco un indicador , HLC bars , only High,low and close, only bars , not candlestick, , i dont now how to doe for a mesage in the forum, please help, thanks.