can someone explain this to me ?

papanaa

Trader
Aug 19, 2011
Hello,
Im new to forex and wanted to ask a question that I'm sure is very easy. Today I bought USDHUF at my demo account at 190.21 but in the graph it made my buying spot at 191.00 which sucks. Why is this happening and how do I know when will the actual buy price raise so sharp or sell price falls deeper than I actually bought it.

TIA

Numa

Trader
Sep 13, 2011
I would agree with Enivid, it is probably the spread. And beyond, that's the challenge to correctly estimate whether the price falls or rises ;-)

FXGroundworks

Trader
Nov 1, 2011
www.fxgroundworks.com
Pairs such as the USDHUF will have a big “spread” meaning the difference between the buy and the sell. If you stick to the majors like the EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, GBPUSD, you will find that their spread is much smaller, 1-3 pips typically. The USDHUF is more of an exotic pair that does not have a lot of volume to tighten the spread.

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Stick to pairs with lower spreads and greater liquidity.your entry point will be reasonably close to your chart point and you'll minmize the risk of unwanted negative slippage. Better yet, if possible, enter your orders away from the current market price with a limit order. Your order may not get hit (executed), but if it does it will be at your desired price

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Spreads..

If you're worried about spreads, you may want to opt for an ECN account. The spreads are low and the quotes, damn accurate with no slippage or requotes.