bonus

tom smart

Oct 18, 2016
Hello everybody, my question is about bonus. As I was searching for different brokers, I found out that some of them offers bonus and some of them not. The percentage of this bonus was different in each brokerage. For example IG or Fibo brokers don’t offer bonus while some other such as ava trade offers 30% or fxglory.com offers 50%. How they calculate this bonus and is it withdrawable or not?

Hafizmd

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Hello, tom smart!
You should read the rules for that bonus. But they are not withdrawable usually. Broker gives you some bonus money for you to trade. You can get only the money you earned.
I haven't heard of situations when a trader could withdraw bonus funds. Anyway, brokers are not charitable organizations :D

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
Be careful, because bonuses often lead to over trading. For example, you start with, say, $1,000 and get a 50% deposit bonus. You have $1,500 to trade with and apply a risk factor of, say, 2% ($75). Every time you lose, that $75 comes out of your initial capital of $1,000 and not the $500 bonus, so effectively you are risking 3% and not the 2% you planned for.

Usman Khan

Trader
Jun 27, 2016
definately read terms&conditions first normaly they are just extra money to trade nd sometimes you trade to much. mostly can only withdraw wat u earn,

Hafizmd

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
definately read terms&conditions first normaly they are just extra money to trade nd sometimes you trade to much. mostly can only withdraw wat u earn,
Anyway, I understand why companies don't allow to withdraw bonus money. I wouldn't allow it as well :D It's nit charity, and if someone trades profitably, he will earn enough

Winjak

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
Anyway, I understand why companies don't allow to withdraw bonus money. I wouldn't allow it as well :D It's nit charity, and if someone trades profitably, he will earn enough
I think getting some additional margin for trading is a very nice option too, even if a broker doesn't allow to withdraw that money

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
I think getting some additional margin for trading is a very nice option too, even if a broker doesn't allow to withdraw that money

Sounds legit, it's better than nothing. But withdrawable is more trustful bonus than tradeable bonus.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
Sounds legit, it's better than nothing. But withdrawable is more trustful bonus than tradeable bonus.
Why do you think that unwithdrawable is not a legit one? :) I think it's a normal option that a trader withdraws only his own profit. I didn't understand it while I was a newbie on Forex, but now I see nothing terrible in this :)

A

AntjeWagner

Bonuses are mostly offered to attract and catch the client. Once the client is caught, the bonus is almost lost by trading (most high bonus brokers are market making + DD) and the client has to deposit once again and again and again to continue. thats how it works.

from a broker point of view, on our side we do not offer bonus since it is no earning for us at the end.
only market makers can earn from it, because the bonus is lost soon (so +100 - 100 = 0 loss for the broker).

being able to withdraw the bonus, i think that won't work. even the profits have restrictions when you wanna pay them out. you probably need to trade a certain amount of Lots or anything. that depends on the broker.

well... due to the latest european restrictions, bonus offers are prohibided now. so this topic should be over. although i am sure the brokers find another way ;) like kick back or sth.

• 👍
Reactions: Winjak

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
how much bonus i can get if i will deposit 500$ ?
It depends on a certain bonus. But I don't recommend you to deposit $500 even if it's a double bonus and you want to get $1000. But if you are willing to do that so much... please read the rules first :)

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Bonuses can be good but we better aware of the terms that are associated with them and i think every broker has their own bonus offerings and own terms and conditions too. So better read them before availing such bonuses.

Alexfx79

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Berlin
I like this lines the most: "sponsors of the promotion reserve the right without any prior notification at their own discretion at any time to: debit the bonus funds, deny paying bonus or 50% of profit"
:D

• 👍
Reactions: AntjeWagner
A

AntjeWagner

"Company reserves the right to change conditions and duration of the promotion plan." - with or without prior written info to the clients? i assume without in order to change conditions to whatever rules and whenever the broker wants in order to screw the client.

the next point, which quoted Alex already just gives the answer "The funds provided under this promotion are solely purposed to increase trading funds. To prevent fraudulent actions (abuse with the terms of the promotion) and money laundering, sponsors of the promotion reserve the right without any prior notification at their own discretion at any time to: debit the bonus funds, deny paying bonus or 50% of profit .*"

the small explanation of * is confusing (maybe willfully)
"* This paragraph aims to prevent fraud (abuse with the terms of the promotion) and money laundering. It does not mean that when Company applies the above limitations, it deems involved accounts as those violated any rules, because not in all cases it is possible to identify a violation of the rules unambiguously. The probability of cancellation of your bonus on these grounds does not exceed 5%."

A

AntjeWagner

of cours bonus offers can help newbies. it helps also professionals because it supports and raises the margin. BUT, it creates false reality. this is just a virtual credit that is put it. it can never be withdrawn. Furthermore newbies who put 100 usd of own funds on the account, getting 100% bonus to raise to 200 usd would possibly trade more negligently. they do not care if they lose a trade since the half of it is "a gift" and not theirs.