Biggest Problem/obstacle that you have in trading

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
Trading seem so difficult esp for a newbie. So I want to ask if anyone would like to share what is your biggest challenge about Forex trading.

What is the biggest frustration or obstacle you have had so far in making this work as a real business? That way I can anticipate the problems that i might encounter in the future.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Feeling overwhelmed with the info overload is one issue all newbies face.; and of course, the other being "high expectations" and wishful thinking. Trading successfully takes time, effort and hard work..
And of course, trading without understanding some of the basic concepts from leverage to mm is yet another obstacle..

BlindFA

Trader
Apr 29, 2013
Managing expectations. I have learned to overcome the expectation of making a killing on each and every trade, and instead look for reasonable targets and managing my expectations. It was a big "a-ha" moment for me. I started losing a lot less, being more careful and protective of my winnings, etc.

I've taught trading to a few people, and every time I see them make the same kind of expectations where they want to make 25% every day. The "managing your expectation" lesson is always a great one, opens many eyes!

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Getting the hang of trend determination can take a while since the newbie would have to sort through the fake outs being generated...
It's a learning curve, granted but there's no better way to decipher the trends rather than taking a shot at it.

michael77

Trader
Aug 5, 2013
The biggest challenges of Forex trading for a newbie are many. You need to be patience. It is true that Forex is the biggest source of earning lots of money, but it is also true that Forex would be a real nightmare for a newbie if he enter this market with huge expectation at the initial stage. Fact is, it actually takes 3 to 5 years to reach your real expectation.

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
When i started trading understanding how to use different indicators was challenging but this online video on how to use different indicators [url deleted] helped me to now use it properly and i have improved in my trading.

Ese11

Trader
Aug 12, 2015
My biggest challenge would have to be controlling my emotions, normally I result to closing wining trades quick whiles allowing the losing ones continue to run.

A problem faced is being bored when there are no signals to trade on. This is when we deviate from our trading plan in search for "something" to trade to keep our mind appease. With that, our mind can generate false signals that if you look in hindsight is just a dumb trade. Or even worse, we begin deviate into other trading options because we don't see any in ours and we see people talking about a possible trade in others.