AUD/JPY Wednesday 15:00

k9suited

Active Trader
Nov 30, 2009
Server Setting

I have downloaded the EA and my server's time is GMT+2 and it's Daylight Saving Time period, what should i set the time zone parameter to.

Thanks

diguo888

Active Trader
Dec 7, 2009
what should i set the time zone parameter to

:confused:I have downloaded the EA and my server's time is GMT+8 and it's not Daylight Saving Time period, what should i set the time zone parameter to.

Thanks

Last edited:

jonlee958

Active Trader
Apr 28, 2010
Does any one know what I would put in for interbank fx 0gmt but the guy in customer service said 4 hr difference from est

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Does any one know what I would put in for interbank fx 0gmt but the guy in customer service said 4 hr difference from est
Currently GMT - EST = 4. Because it's a daylight saving time in U.S. When it ends it will be 5. So, for now you can put 4 into Server_EST_Difference parameter if your InterbankFX's server is GMT+0.

ratblat

Active Trader
Oct 4, 2010
Sorry folks for a silly question , but this gmt offset really puts me off , my server which is alpariuk , its showing gmt offset 2 , now for the est setting , is it 5 or 6 , and when does the daylight settings change in the us ?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry folks for a silly question , but this gmt offset really puts me off , my server which is alpariuk , its showing gmt offset 2 , now for the est setting , is it 5 or 6 , and when does the daylight settings change in the us ?
It's still daylight saving time in EST, so it's GMT-4 there. If your server is GMT+2 then it's obvious that you should put 6 in the difference parameter.

ratblat

Active Trader
Oct 4, 2010
Thanks admin, :) so it would be 5 if it was normal daylight , so when does it change back , month date ?

Last edited:

zbx

Trader
May 20, 2011
hello, thank you for this trading method, with very interesting and cool approach.

i was trying to do a little backtest here... and i did'nt understand one thing - "replace the order selection by ticket with the order selection by index" i would be sincerely thankful if you could please explain this...

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Currently it uses order ticket number to operate with the open position. This line "memorizes" the order ticket: ticket = fSell();
And this one closes the position using the order ticket number: OrderClose(ticket, Lots, Ask, Deviation);

The other way to do it would be to use a Magic number (please see help on OrderSend() function) and cycle through all the currently open positions, comparing the Magic number with that of this EA, and closing the position by index. The cycle would look like this:

MQL4:
for (int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++)
{
   if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) == false) break;
   if ((OrderMagicNumber() != ThisMagicNumber) || (OrderSymbol() != Symbol())) continue;
   OrderClose(OrderTicket(), Lots, Ask, Deviation);
}

Last edited:

ikaros81

Trader
Sep 10, 2011
Question: EA trades every day not only wednesday

Hello,

i downloaded and installed teh EA but it trades not only on Wednesday but every day. Do I have to customize something?

I am from Germany, so GMT+1 is applicable.

Many thanks and best regards
Ikaros

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ikaros, the only thing you have to customize is the Server_EST_Difference input parameter. It doesn't depend on where you are, it depends on where your MetaTrader server is. If the time in your platform is also GMT+1, then you have to set this input parameter to 6 (its default value).

What version of the MetaTrader platform are you using? How does it behave on other days?