Are there any trend followers here?

Feb 25, 2016
South Africa
Trendfollowing is not very popular, because of the lower ROI, and there is always discussions on how it is a poor strategy that only worked in the eighties.

This made me wonder, are there any other trend followers that use this strategy with success?

• 👍
Reactions: BobJr

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I think trend follower can success if they can always update analysis and have good understanding time price will move vice versa, so they can determine best timing to enter and exit, but because trend market very dynamic and easy to changed, trend follower also not always success I think.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
I think trend follower can success if they can always update analysis and have good understanding time price will move vice versa, so they can determine best timing to enter and exit, but because trend market very dynamic and easy to changed, trend follower also not always success I think.

We should try to understand which trend is present in the markets so that after a while we can do our trades in the direction of the trends and that alone will give us a good income :)

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
//----

for many years distrust or disbelief held me back.... the trend was not hiding..... it would be in plain sight..... but my lack of trust kept me from trading with it.... i saw only what i believed and not what was in plain sight......

my belief might be the usdgbp should be going down, all the while it went up.... so my trades would be betting against uptrend continuing.... the uptrend continued and so did my losses.....

once i came to grips with my 'egotistical blindness', trend following became easier and losses slightly smaller.... there were some articles on this very subject by terrance odean and brad barber.... along with some others on 'i'll believe it when i see it' ---vs---- 'i'll see it when i believe it'......

long trends can make you rich.... but you can starve while waiting on one to come along......h
//----

Feb 25, 2016
South Africa
The old saying we have heard so many times..Cut your losses short, let your profits run..applies a lot here..

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
The old saying we have heard so many times..Cut your losses short, let your profits run..applies a lot here..
Yes I am also ever hear about this good quotation, cut our loss early and let our profit run, in trading forex also we need to dare cut loss if we look trend market already out from expectation, but if we look order following trend hence we an waiting untl the trend being overbought or oversold.

Feb 25, 2016
South Africa
The biggest challenge - and why so many fail - is having winners exceed your losses, but how do you know if a winner might continue, or eventually become a losing trade. Maybe some losers will also become winners after a few minutes.
With trend trading, the idea is to have a series of small losers and a few big winners that cover the losses and more.
If we are able to do this a few times, we get to the surface to breathe, before diving more treasures out again.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Forex like as challenge business, which required high couarge to joined in business, if we can minimize the risk with good accurate anlaysis and also good money management and risk management, forex trading will become reliable business as one source of income, but also already so many trader fail here and as trader also need control their risk

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Trend following does not pick bottoms or tops. You always get into a trend late, and get out late. You cannot predict a trend. And for this you need a good experience with trading. So it is upto trader, if knows perfection of trending then he will follow it.

MartinBa

Trader
Apr 20, 2016
You are right, twin butterfly.
Trend theory can help to open the deal in right direction but you enter after first movements, so late. But if use trend theory with different methods of determination of market reversal, you can predict start and the end of the trend. Also we can use support and resistence levels for it.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Trend theory can help to open the deal in right direction but you enter after first movements, so late. But if use trend theory with different methods of determination of market reversal, you can predict start and the end of the trend. Also we can use support and resistence levels for it.

Getting to know about the correct trends in our trading will only help us as that will let us do our trading with some success. Trends are the ones that will decide how much income we can get :)

DenTe

Trader
Apr 15, 2016
Chisinau, Moldova
For me to combine different approaches and theories - it works the way. Sometimes I use the trend theory together with indicators, sometimes I use the wave theory and reinforces its trend theory. Because the wave theory can show when the trend will be a breakthrough.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Getting to know about the correct trends in our trading will only help us as that will let us do our trading with some success. Trends are the ones that will decide how much income we can get :)
If any trader already have good skill to analyze trend market with high accurate, making profit will seems so easy, and to get this skill required experience and knowledge.

In trading might some trader use follow trend strategy and there are trader that use breakout strategy

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Very true. I can say that trader mast learn all types of strategies and tools for forecast of market. But he must choose one and develop it to max. Other - for help and confirmation
Learn many kinds strategy maybe will good ro broaden insight, but as trader also need to learn the trend market behaviour which sometime movement of trend often changed, and if any trader understand with trend market hence they can adjusted strategy following trend market

MartinBa

Trader
Apr 20, 2016
If you need to trade but have no forecasts. Trade according to the trend. Haha) It hyperbolic subject, but there is something in it

BobJr

Trader
Apr 22, 2016
Working with forex broker not specifically being as a broker or sth, I heard many stories happened and witnessed many clients coming and going.

For my humble opinion, Forex is a challenge business, which required high couarge to play, if we are able to minimize the risk with good accurate anlaysis and wise money management and in-time risk management. It can be reliable only if we'v done the precaution work. Many trader fail here and as trader or broker also need control their risk

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Yes, I am! Trend is our friend; that’s why, I always try to follow the market trend; when I am not sure on the market trend; then I avoid trading.

Onanak

Trader
Feb 5, 2019
Trend is your friend is one very old saying in Forex world. And I think that it is good one to follow. It can make trading much easier and more predictable by following trend. This technique is especially advisable for beginners in trading