any advice on crypto wallets

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
hope everyone had a wonderful 2021...... or as best as possible, all things considered......

you can search , study and google things to death but often nothing beats real life experience......

does anyone have thoughts/advice on crypto wallets...... i think i have coinbase now, maybe some others also..... just from curiosity long ago and probably have never used them.....

i do use robinhood..... but i'm wondering about wallets themselves, with the ability of allowing someone else to deposit in the wallet/account.... similar to paypal.....

i'm not talking about 500 bitcoins but maybe something like small amounts of eth classic, bsv, doge, shiba and the like...... 200 doge.... 100 shiba.... and so on....

i see the ledger nano x.... that looks nice..... but is that more user friendly than just coinbase .....

if anyone has any thoughts or experience with crypto wallets, i'd be very interested in hearing......

thanks......h

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Thanks enivid...... had not looked into meta mask before..... after watching a few videos I’ll download it and try....

Thanks again.....h

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
it may feel more convenient to just keep your cryptos on an exchange, it is safer to keep it in a wallet. And if you want to hodl cryptos for a super long time, a cold wallet may be the best choice, though some argue that that's unnecessary.

• 👍
Reactions: hayseed

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
it may feel more convenient to just keep your cryptos on an exchange, it is safer to keep it in a wallet. And if you want to hodl cryptos for a super long time, a cold wallet may be the best choice, though some argue that that's unnecessary.
//—
Thanks Dora.... I read about these wallets that have laid dormant for years and years ..... that is somewhat my plan.....

Before hand, I need to get some sort of grasp on not only what might be here in 5 to 10 years that would be worth the wait.....

I have several wallets, nothing in them however..... Right now I’m just going through the seed catalog..... figuring out what to plant....h

• 👍
Reactions: Dora_WalletInvestor

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I'm with Coinbase as well but have been having some issues with it lately. I've also waited 3 days before for a simple transaction to go through, so I'm thinking of switching. Fairly new to cryptocurrency so not sure if I can do better elsewhere.