An Introduction to a Demand and Supply Signals Strategy

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Long-term Pending Orders at Effective Demand and Supply Zones

“I know, that all action on the market is there to be read in the chart: as long as one knows where to look and what to look for.” – Alan Saunders

This is an introduction to a signals strategy that would start coming up later this month. It just makes sense that interested traders get familiar with the details of the strategy so that they can know what to do in any circumstances brought about by the markets.

As we experience the zigs and zags of trading, we want to be sure that we’re doing the right thing. Doing the right thing means going with the flow of the markets. At a demand zone, buyers are willing to buy from sellers who’re rushing into the imbalance of the price at a wrong time. The same thing is true of a supply zone: the sellers want to sell to the buyers who want to go long when the imbalance in the price is against them. This kind of timing can scupper the effort of speculators who go into the wrong side of the market.

The Demand and Supply Signals Strategy makes you buy logically low and sell logically high, and do it right. Please see the details below:

Details of the Strategy
Strategy name: Demand and Supply Signals Strategy
Strategy type: Position trading
Trading style: Discretionary
Suitability: Good for part-time traders
Time horizons: 4-hour charts, sometimes daily charts
Order type: Pending orders (Buy Limit and Sell Limit)
Entry rules: Based on powerful demand and supply zones on the charts
Stop loss: 100 pips
Take profit: 200 pips
Position sizing: Please use 0.01 lots for each $1000 (and thus making it 0.1 lots for $10000); or 1.0 lots for each $100000
Risk per trade: 1%
Risk to reward ratio: 1:2
Breakeven: You can move you stop to breakeven after you gain up to 70 pips
Trailing stop: You can set up to a 50% trailing stop after you’ve gained up to 170 pips
Maximum signals: 20 signals
Maximum trades: 10 trades per month
Duration: One month

Further Note
All the available signals in a month would be generated simultaneously. In the details of the strategy above, you can see that ‘maximum signals’ are different from ‘maximum trades.’ This is because not all pending orders would be filled. Expiry date is set for each pending order which is usually one month in duration. About 13 pending orders were generated in December 2013, but only 3 were filled. 2 of the trades hit their targets, giving me 400 pips, but the third trade was slightly negative. The logic for exiting it is to close it once it has reached any positivity (no matter how little). The worst thing that can happen on that trade is for it to hit its stop loss.

Below is an example of how a pending order signal looks like:

Instrument: EURUSD
Order: Sell Limit
Entry date: June 18, 2012
Entry price: 1.2572
Stop loss: 1.2674
Take profit: 1.2374

The signals would also be traded live, but only account holders at Tallinex.com may have access to that. This ensures that they get the signals in a timely manner, for prices can move surprisingly. Nevertheless, the signals would usually be published on this website.

Conclusion: Many want to enjoy gains without seeing the occasional drawdowns that come with it. There’s no way around the fact that negativity will come occasionally, but we can control it so that it has no big impact on our capital, which is one way of remaining permanently triumphant in the markets. This strategy has the potential to trigger trades that have winners that are bigger than average losers on a long-time basis. One way of doing this is to let our profits run. The pressure we feel comes from us; really, we’re the ones who desire the quick profits that others are talking about. As for me, I’m content with the results I get, so I don’t care as much if people say that the profits are small. Besides, I like being the kind of trader I want to be.

This piece is ended with the quote below:

“By starting small and following a few simple rules, trading can be the best career on the planet!” – Rick Wright

Source: [url removed]

Aquarius

Master Trader
Dec 30, 2013
Netherlands
Curious

Long-term Pending Orders at Effective Demand and Supply Zones

The Demand and Supply Signals Strategy makes you buy logically low and sell logically high, and do it right.
Well, I tried to apply Supply and Demand (in my) trading and could not make it work. So I am curious about how to find Effective Supply and Demand zones and as a result buy logically low and sell logically high.