Alpari in Nigeria?

ola

Active Trader
Oct 29, 2009
Has anybody heard that Alpari opened office in Lagos?
I've heard much of them before and couldn't believe that they r not fake when saw the article of them in guardian.
I visited their office. The speed they refunded my account is unbelievable. Tooo quick. I was still filling the form for refunding and the money were already in my account.
What do you people think of them?
The staff seems to be nice and very professional. And I liked the support they give to us.

daniellefr

Active Trader
Jul 2, 2009
Never traded with alpari, so can't really say whether the support is good. Glad this broker does wonders for you :)

WalkieTalkie

Master Trader
Feb 19, 2009
I am not in Nigeria, but my experience with Alpari was not good, they trade against their clients.

Last edited:

Ovitroy

Trader
Aug 17, 2011
Can I know if ACM Gold is operating in Nigeria. I heard they have an office in Lagos. Can anyone confirm their addresses in Lagos. I have a demo account with ACM and im ready to go Live.

eto

Trader
Dec 9, 2011
I am not in Nigeria, but my experience with Alpari was not good, they trade against their clients.
Alpari in Nigeria is trading against their traders,and do not permit scalping;EA 's are not allowed to operative freely.........I will change them as this is bad for them and for forex trading(Alpari NZ)

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Alpari promos..

The fact they refunded money when you were just in the process of filing for a refund is ringing alarm bells in my head and the fact my brain just stormed off on a vacation is causing the alarm ding-dongs to resound even more.
Jokes aside, no broker will refund any money without due diligence.
Here's why: Brokers are not a goodwill dept, they do not hand cash just 'cause you asked for it
All brokers [the good ones] will have to account for funds, that were deposited and in case of a refund, it's a double entry and a pain the a**
Nigeria is known to be the originator of quite a few mail/lottery scams, so alpari moving to lagos is not good news, they have just announced to the world they've moved to scam county..
I rest my case.

eto

Trader
Dec 9, 2011
I really want to know if the FX regulatory body is monitoring these brokers as a whole lot of scam is going on.....you place a good trade and it is closed without value by the broker without your consent...Alpari NZ did this severally to me,why is it easy to allow a trader make a lose than profit....too bad

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Actually, you can make your complaint to the reg. body, make out your case and follow it up with any proof you may have. I should also point out that in case of an account balance getting wiped out, the broker in question will close the trade.
But if you believe the broker closed your trade without any valid reason, then file a complaint right away. Let us know how it turns out.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
I really want to know if the FX regulatory body is monitoring these brokers as a whole lot of scam is going on.....you place a good trade and it is closed without value by the broker without your consent...Alpari NZ did this severally to me,why is it easy to allow a trader make a lose than profit....too bad

It sounds to me like a trade closed due to low free margin balance, if that wasn't the case then try to see if it was closed out due to the spread, keep in mind that your data is the bid price not the ask price....You can download multiple platforms and compair the price feeds to see if your broker has any major discrepencies compaired to the other popular brokers. Alpari US/Alpari UK, FXCM, FX PRO, IBFX etc. The brokers candles will vary due to different open and close times but the price ranges should be fairly close to each other. Good luck!