About Custom Backtesting

fxdj

Trader
Aug 2, 2012
Good days
im new on this forums is there any tool or website exist about testing or checking your defined specific position with real time datas
example i got a trade signal by any source like 10:15 pm BUY EUR/USD Enter 1,2300 Takeprofit1,2400 Stop Loss: 1,200 but i missed the signal or i wondering consistency of the signal was closed already or keep going
i just want type the time of signal
position type and entering, stoploss takeprofit levels
and it will give me the result as pip beetwen specific defined time session
how could i see the signal was stuck to take profit or stop loss at past or keep losing or gaining actually

Thanks Best Regards

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
We all would love to get our hands on something like that but as Enivid stated, am yet to come across anything to provide me with that..let us know if you have any luck..

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Actually, there are a few products that would put this up in the sales page but to this date have not come across any product that actually did this in realtime..sorry!

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
Well, there might not be a website or service for this, but ... why don't you simply check your charts?

If I understood you correctly, you want to find out whether a trade you could have taken in the morning would have turned out profitably, right?

So, open your MT4, choose M5 or M1 timeframe to check check whether price would have allowed the 1.2300 entry any time after 10.15am, as specified in your example.
Then move forward in time to see how price has developed ... you'll soon find out whether your S/L would have been hit, whether your T/P would have been triggered, or whether the position would still be open.

Cheers,
P.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Well, there might not be a website or service for this, but ... why don't you simply check your charts?

If I understood you correctly, you want to find out whether a trade you could have taken in the morning would have turned out profitably, right?

So, open your MT4, choose M5 or M1 timeframe to check check whether price would have allowed the 1.2300 entry any time after 10.15am, as specified in your example.
Then move forward in time to see how price has developed ... you'll soon find out whether your S/L would have been hit, whether your T/P would have been triggered, or whether the position would still be open.

Cheers,
P.
Doing it manually is an obvious option, but it takes a lot of time, especially if you have many signals to check.

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
Doing it manually is an obvious option, but it takes a lot of time, especially if you have many signals to check.

Yep, doing it manually is only feasible for maybe half a dozen signals per day, if you don't want to spend hours on it.
Yet it's better than nothing, hehe.

I wonder how hard it'd be to create an MT script or a Java app to do that.
It's not a complex thing, but rather pretty straightforward: all the script/app would have to do is follow a price feed from a fixed point in time and check whether certain price levels have been reached or not.

Should be doable without too much headache, for a good coder.

Cheers,
P.