A reality of my 4X

Magician

Master Trader
Jun 2, 2010
Hi Guys,
I think the 4X and all the hype that goes along with it, will almost all of the time blind the new guys entering into the 4X market place, it takes a great deal of determination to get past the hype and back down to reality, millions of ways to trade all are highly profitable, millions of indicators doing wondrous things, mentors that will lead you into the light, the list goes on and on and on. :confused:

3 years learning & trading, and still in the minus area, but with a slightly different mind-set, and I believe this is the way forward for at least me, accounts lost, cash gone, and as yet no where near getting all my cash back, truth,
I read that 10,000+ hrs reading charts and your well on the way to understanding price, and I kinda believe this, it's a simple truth, and after around 8000 + hrs, you do begin to see that which can-not be taught, experience....

I tried/bought most of those indicators, only to find through time that almost all that your buying is a combination of the ones that come with MT4, as for systems I'm not even going there.

The truth is keep it very very simple and then build on that, a 30 ma a candle chart, and macd, can give good results allot of the time, if it closes above/below the MA and it's confirmed with MacD closing above/below 0------ line, then it's a heads up for a possible trade, add the a break in the trend-line, (Thanx Kevin Lee great read) add trend direction, add a Stochastic to the next higher time frame, and a system is born, and not from your wallet either.
Trading in my humble opinion is all about you, everything you buy in 4X you must make it your own, but keep it very simple in the beginning, and remember it's all about pictures.

I've read allot of books, some where very good, and I was able to add allot of there methodology to my quiver, some books were simply terrible and confusing, I went from super complex trading to very simple methodology, a journey almost all new traders will have to take on there own, the buying of books, indicators, systems, is almost mandatory, but will teach you the terrible and the good, the road is lined with the fallen don't be one of them, I know I won't be...........

Remember I am a trader as yet in profit, my words therefore don't carry as much weight, take what you can from them, but again it all comes back to you, and you alone

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
Very nice post, that. :cool:

Keeping it simple instead of cluttering up your charts with all kinds of indicators (which always seem to contradict each other) is the way to trading successfully.

I'm a Price Action Trader; the only chart tools I use are S&R lines and (not so often) Fibs, incorporating VSA (Volume Spread Analysis, which adds Volume to Price Action) and Momentum (in an attempt to gauge 'velocity' or 'force' of a trend).

I feel no need for super-complicated or 'sophisticated' indicators, especially if I don't know the method of their calculation.

Magician, just proceed keeping it simple and straightforward ... you'll surely be successful with that, sooner or later.

I wish you all the best ... May the Pips be with You! :D

Cheers,
P.