How important is to be aware of the world’s political events?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
The political landscape of a nation plays a major role in the economic outlook for that country and, consequently, the perceived value of its currency. The fiscal and monetary policies of any government are the most important factors in its economic decision making. Central bank decisions that impact interest rates are keenly watched by the forex market for any changes in key rates or future outlooks.

toretton

Trader
Aug 9, 2014
Italy, Milano
I think its also affecting RUB because those sanctions to Russia. I am not very aware of it, only from news but I still think it affects USD/RUB and EUR/RUB currency pairs

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
It is important to be aware of the political events because it playw a major role in the economy of a country and in the value of currency.

madrista

Feb 6, 2015
As a trader you need to be well informed about everything which goes on as it is likely to spill over to your charts in one form or another. Knowing what happens is not enough, you need to know how things are connected and what the impacts are.

limalima

Banned
Dec 10, 2014
I think another factor in politics one has to aware of that has effect on forex market is election in any given nation.
Elections can be viewed by traders as an isolated case of potential political instability and uncertainty, which typically equates to greater volatility in the value of a country's currency.
We know that change in government means change in policy, and this in turn can usually mean a different approach to monetary or fiscal policy, both of which, especially the former, are big drivers of a currency's value.

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
World political events affect deeply the global economy, especially main countries, such as USA, Russia and China etc. A good trader should be high senstive to political news.

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
I think it is important to be aware of events that are going on in the world, but I also think that it important not to make assumptions as to how they will affect price.

Often the one event that you think the market is focusing on is not what is driving price at all. So the resulting moves appear to be counter-intuiative or confusing.

The market also is forward-looking, and so it discounts most events in advance. So the price moves when that assumption is proved to in fact be wrong, rather than confirmed.

Also remember that we, as retail traders, are often the last people to get these information on these events, and so in many respects they can be priced into the market long before we get a chance to act.

Alex Hoggarth

Trader
Mar 17, 2015
The more you know the more you get.

Nowadays, I can't imagine the trading without reading, following and analyzing the world's most important news, events,economic movements and etc.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Extremely important - for trading does not take place in a vacuum and every single global news affects the market..so yeah, one needs to stay informed..

sharcade

Trader
Aug 18, 2015
Absolutely its important to keep tab of the ongoing events around the world atleast with respect to the political side. The candidates are responsible to bring out the reforms for the people so we need to have a knowledge of the candidates. Also various successful democratic governments like India etc. US being the developed country you need to know about the same likwise the ongoing debates for presidential campaigns going on in the US. The debates go on around different aspects like economy, external affairs etc. which showcase the candidate's reforms for the same. The next one is GOP Debate of the republican party and trust me its fun to watch people like Trump, Carly etc and they taking on each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously it's very important. But you must remember, that everything you know everybody else have access to know as well. So don't think it give you an advantage necessarily. Just take it into consideration and trade carefully

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Obviously it's very important. But you must remember, that everything you know everybody else have access to know as well. So don't think it give you an advantage necessarily. Just take it into consideration and trade carefully

As a trader we have to know what is going on and if we are wise enough then we will be able to use our knowledge in our trades easily, but still we must know that trading is not going to be easy.

But the knowledge will surely help us in becoming better Forex traders :D

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
Very important, if you can predicate important politic events, you can master forex trading, they are easily to be affectd by any imporant event.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Very important, if you can predicate important politic events, you can master forex trading, they are easily to be affectd by any imporant event.

It is really important for us to know what are the events that are going to have an effect on our trades. Because only then we would be able to take their advantage in our trades easily :)

It is really important for us to know what are the events that are going to have an effect on our trades. Because only then we would be able to take their advantage in our trades easily :)
True, but you must remember that every trader around the world have this information. So it can be risky. Sometimes after good economic release the market goes in the opposite direction than you would expect and that make sense. This is because some people and institutes know this information before the public, so the price already include the expectations and they take advantages of the release itself in order to sell their position (or buy back) and realize profits.

olivine

Trader
May 21, 2015
Well known to the world politics make you update with the international affairs. Main affairs effect on major currencies and some of them are too important that they can effect all the market . fundamental analysis specially is related to important news.