Trading platforms

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
What trading platform do you use to access the Forex market? Are you a fan of the good old MT4 or maybe prefer your broker's own developed software?

nekojfx

Trader
Apr 15, 2014
I am still practicing, so I've opened more Demo accounts to try different platforms and different brokers... I have to say that after a while I realized I was mostly using the MT4 and I decided to practice mainly on it... Overall I am really happy with the MT4 features, I think it is quite user-friendly... the only thing I find funny is that it offers you hundreds of different ways and buttons to activate a certain feature... :D

Kate

Trader
Apr 10, 2014
Ukraine
When I had STP account I used MT4. Now I have ECN account and my broker doesn't propose to use MT4 with ECN. So I use web platform, It has all standart indicators of MT4 so it is comfortable for me. But sometimes I'm closing all tabs of browser, so I had to install new browser individually for TP. I had installed Safari)

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
my broker doesn't propose to use MT4 with ECN

Well that is the reason I left MT4 behind for some time now. Plus all the new builds and constant issues with indicators and EA's literally made me go nuts when trying to figure out what installs where. Good thing about that other software - I came across an error(thank god just once so far) I gave them a quick call and they fixed it for me.

Kate

Trader
Apr 10, 2014
Ukraine
I have changed my STP account to ECN. I think everyone knows what is the difference between those two types so I'll not explain why had I did it.
Yeah, and after MS Windows updates there was some bugs in MT4 work. Sometimes the application hadn't wanted to be runned. And when I'm using web-platform there cannot be bugs (only if browser not responds, but I can use any installed browser for trading, even IE)

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
The MT4 platform is the most common and easiest to trade with. Every newbie would want to use it first and maybe after some time use other platforms. MT4 malfunction might not be due to the platform, but the broker behind it. My broker's MT4 platform is working fine consistently and fast execution as always.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I'm using MT4 platform from PaxForex and it works perfect for me.

Bill Korneus

Trader
Apr 8, 2014
I'm using MT4 because there are many indicators that can be added to its interface and can help you to become a profitable trader.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Going to second the last post, that's yet another reason why I choose to stick with MT4 'cause its easy to customize it..run automated scripts, the works..

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
MT4 is good software but it lacks dynamic features. Its fast and reliable but i would like to see MT4 updated and come up with a lot more features and customization options.

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
The MT4 platform is the most common and easiest to trade with. Every newbie would want to use it first and maybe after some time use other platforms. MT4 malfunction might not be due to the platform, but the broker behind it. My broker's MT4 platform is working fine consistently and fast execution as always.
I have been using mt4 since i started trading and am still going to stick to . It is user friendly and much easy to use that is why it is still popular.

wisdom

Jul 29, 2015
I have tried other platform but i still find the mt4 more comfortable to trade. It easy for me to access unlike other platform i have tried. It have easy to understand features that is why most trader still use it even when there are other more sophisticated platform.

ambitionfx

Active Trader
Jul 1, 2015
Anyone know about cTrader, it is offered by only several brokers. Why MT4 is so popular but other platforms are not?