Why many brokers don't support Paypal?

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
Paypal is the most popular payment processor but in otherwise not too many forex brokers supports it. Why? I think it's just Paypal doesn't want to work with gambling or forex companies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
That's one of the reasons. I am not sure, but I believe that PayPal will only work with a properly registered brokerage company. Also, brokers don't like it when the customers demand refunds, and PayPal makes it quite easy. Additionally, PayPal's fees are quite high compared to Neteller/WebMoney.

Dmitriy Enrst

Active Trader
Mar 14, 2015
Paypal is really popular payment system. So, it's great that some brokers provide this method. I don't know about others, but Fresh has it for sure.

chief

Confirmed Tickmill Representative
Oct 27, 2014
it's rarely to find brokers who offer paypal as payment method. but in my country paypal method are not quite populer since the rate conversion are low, not mention to higher fee, and need extra time when need cash out to local bank. I'd prefer to use skrill, and I still use it for withdrawal process from my Tickmill account, and only need a day when cash out from skrill to local bank with as low 3,3USD fee.

Steve Lock

Master Trader
Feb 28, 2015
I'm quite satisfied with Skrill system, no commisions and convenient service. I trade with Freshforex and deposit with Skrill, simple and comfortable. Pay pal is really popular, but I had some problems with it couple of times, so I decided to refuse to pay with it.

wisetrada

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2014
So what is special about paypal? I respect Companies that do not use Paypal. It shows that they are not the best. Skrill, neteller, webmoney are also great payment processors and these companies are ok using them. So instead of requesting for Paypal, why not use these payment systems such as Skrill, neteller and webmoney? They have competitive rates as well. It is time we tell Paypal they are not the best and let them start treating people with respect.

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
I have traded or opened demo account with some brokers. Even well-known broker as FxPro or HotForex also don't support Paypal. While other brokers that lesser popular have Paypal as an option. If those brokers are regulated, is regulation the reason for Paypal to choose their partner? I got another reason is the fee Paypal charge per client transactions from that broker.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
paypal, used to be the most popular but not anymore, its a very sensitive service, and tends to freeze account after a couple of complaints with out even verifying the claim, its a bully company in the world for online payment processing. not a fan of paypal and a lot of other companies offer a better service. not to mention paypal has some crazy fees

globalfx

Trader
Feb 24, 2014
I have traded or opened demo account with some brokers. Even well-known broker as FxPro or HotForex also don't support Paypal. While other brokers that lesser popular have Paypal as an option. If those brokers are regulated, is regulation the reason for Paypal to choose their partner? I got another reason is the fee Paypal charge per client transactions from that broker.
Most regulated brokers don't use Paypal. This is because they don't have time to start going to court over account freezing. Many brokers prefer the use of Wire Transfer and Bank Card payment system because it gives them direct control of your funds. Paypal is a third party that every company to give total control of their funds. Profiforex had Paypal as deposit method for a very long time and I just noticed they don't use it anymore. Other brokers aren't bothered about adding them to their payment list either.

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
I don't know other countries, but in China paypal withdrawal fee is high, $35 each time, but now through skill in hotfroex, just very little fee required. Maybe it's the reason why many brokers don't support paypal?