First time trader - which broker

Simon1981

Feb 22, 2015
Hi

I am UK based and I am looking to start trading on the forex.

I have £500-1000 to start and I am looking for a broker which meets the following:

- regulated, preferably by the FCA UK
- offers micro and mini accounts
- offers mt4 platform
- ive read dont look for brokers that offer more than 50:1 leverage?

I appreciate all advice. Ive just read about alpari going bankrupt which has worried me a little as that was one id read was good!

Thank you

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
There are numerous brokers that meet your requirements. You can try some among these:
ironfx
exness

hotforex
fxpro
fxcm

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
Looking for broker that suit your trading needs is not easy . What matters most is having a good broker and not where am based. I trade with profiforex a broker that also offers all the requirement stated. From experience they are very good.

Steve Lock

Master Trader
Feb 28, 2015
There are numerous brokers that meet your requirements. You can try some among these:
ironfx
exness

hotforex
fxpro
fxcm

I'm really suprised that hotforex offers such a low leverage. What about oanda?

Last edited:

Dmitriy Enrst

Active Trader
Mar 14, 2015
I chose broker, which allows using of scalping. And it has good conditions for trade. I have chosen FreshForex and opened Market Pro account. It was very good for scalping. But they have launched ECN-account recently, it is a great choice for this strategy. So, I think I will open this account and work with fresh.

garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
I'm really suprised that hotforex offers such a low leverage. What about oanda?

Most brokers offer low leverage, except some don't offer higher leverage. Actually hotforex can offer 1:1 leverage. I have never tried Oanda, so I don't know but it's also a popular broker, low leverage is possible.

markiva

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
May 9, 2015
Profiforex meets the requirement you stated . As for leverage you have to be careful using it and since you have less experience you should use less leverage to prevent unwanted losses.

Jonathan!

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 27, 2015
I trade with Ironfx and they fulfill all the criteria you're looking for. I know they have an office in London as I visited them a couple of times and I definitely know they are regulated by FCA. I personally have a micro account with them and I trade with a leverage of 1:100. When I was selecting my leverage there was also an option for 1:50 and even lower just like you are asking. You can speak with them online if you want and get more info in case anything has changed.

Fischer

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 9, 2015
Ironfx does meet your criteria i believe and offer a variety of accounts to choose from. They also provide excellent support and help whenever it is needed! make sure you open the account through the [url removedl] link

Last edited by a moderator:

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
Your capital and trading Strategy determine what broker you should choose. A reliable broker is one that makes it easy for you to trade forex. It provides the basic necessities required for a successful trade. It also provides Low Spreads and superbly Fast execution. You are free to take a peak.

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
There lots of well regulated and reputable brokers that meet such requirement like profiforex and FXCM that offer trading conditions that are good for both beginners and professional traders.

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
Before my inital funds same like your, actually there are many brokers could meet your requirement, finally I select hotforex premium account, leverage is 1:400, aside from regular account they do have fixed spread swap free and zero account, but first make sure to read the tos to know how it works, best of luck

Steve Lock

Master Trader
Feb 28, 2015
Well, I guess there is a good option for a beginners on the Forex market or people who just want to change a broker or test another one. I used a bonus from FreshForex for changing a broker.

super_profit

Aug 24, 2015
Hello. I am new for this blog.I saw the topic for start up traders and how to choose a trusted brokerage company. So I decide to share my experience. My first steps in forex and CFDs trading were several months ago. Since then I have been looking for user friendly and WEB-based platform. After doing some research and comparing number of softwares I chose DF web trader for my startup. It is really easy to manage its layout. I’ve added my favourite instruments to the watchlist. Have the opportunity to watch up to 10 graphs simultaneously and choose between a number of time intervals. As a beginner I am afraid for my real funds invested in the trading account and always use stop or limit option to protect my profit/loss. DF web trader gives the opportunity to choose from several order types depending on your needs and this feature really makes the trading process easy and secure. But one of the most valuable functions of the platform is that no requiting orders are executed in click and deal mode. Switching only two buttons (deposit and withdrawals and realized profit/loss) I can review my trading activity and account balance. Funding the account is really easy as well. For traders who rely on technical analysis there is a resource section where you may access daily technical analysis. However, for those who prefer to build their trading strategies on fundamentals, the economic calendar provide detailed daily and weekly schedule for leading economic indicators covering wide range of countries. So honestly I can recommend to all forex traders DF web trading platform and DF Markets as global forex broker. They could be trusted as a company and partner, because I have never faced any difficulties communicating with their customer support or dealing department.