How much trading experience is necessary?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Sometimes you see a trade setup, but your experience tells you not to enter. This experience can be gained through practicing. There is no magic formula in forex trading that can be given to you and make you a profitable trader overnight. It takes time and needs practice for some time.

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
Practicing and gaining level of experience is individual. In forex lots experience is needed to to achieve successful trades.

ezikel

Trader
Mar 17, 2015
Hi,
You know experience play a vital role in forex. If any trader have proper experience in forex he can earn more profit. Without experience any one can not stay long time in forex. I want to get more experience from forex.

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
Experience is very important in forex, with enough experience, you will know more about the forex market and also experience the different market situation, meanwhile you could find the right trading strategy which is suitable for yourself.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
Yes with experience you learn a lot, but still there are experienced traders and they commit mistakes too, so its a continuous process.

kenx

Active Trader
Jul 14, 2014
I agree with some of the comments here. The main experience is to go through losses, learn what strategy is working for you and recover.

john trader

Mar 4, 2015
you earn a good experience by trading at the first as demo trader so that you can know how things are working, what is the best for you the manual trading or the the auto trading, and finally you will gain the needed knowledge to move on and open a real account.

Last edited:

jezzykid

Banned
Nov 21, 2014
I think forex is all about learning practice; each time we trade, we get to learn new things, and that is what experience is all about.

ESinvest

Feb 12, 2015
Totally agree, that's why it takes a long while to get a successful trader, you need to gain first years of experience to better your trading, learn from your mistakes and avoid to repeat them.

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
Experience come from trading, so to gain it quickly you need to practice as much as it's possible. Particularly on real account to test market full-featured - with slippage, spread widenings, market gaps, etc. Demo account trading includes this too but less manifested so it doesn't affect your trading results too much.

Jesse.muller

Trader
Mar 26, 2015
I've learned that the forex can be very volatile and you'll need to have a good feel with both the market as with the sort of strategy you're using.
experience is a big factor, but sometimes a fresh set of eyes can bring everything in perspective.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Nothing can replace real trading experience, and on the demo ones out there, well they vary widely from real trade set ups - it depends on the broker but as a rule, demo's should be used to learn about the market and the ropes rather than anything else. A mini or micro live account should be used to gain some actual live trading exp..just my two cents

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
It depends on trader, as it was said "the experience can be gained through practicing" and i would like to add from me that before practicing it is necessary to learn. So the formula is quit easy and quiet difficult at the same time. Through learning you'll get practicing and through practicing experience.

Aialocon

Mar 23, 2015
learning is the key to everything. by learning i mean read and watch tutorials with examples so that you understand the theory that you read

ashlygody

Apr 7, 2015
In these days, Knowing about the latest trading tips will always makes so creative and helps to getting best results.

limalima

Banned
Dec 10, 2014
I think you are definitely right with what you have said, though sometimes we might tend to invent shortcuts with some things in life. But when it comes to forex there are no shortcuts to it.
In my opinion the learning process continues, no matter how long we've been in the market.The more we trade and learn the more experience we'll get in the long run.

David M

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 20, 2015
Experience is key to success. Even experienced traders make mistakes though. I have been trading for some time and I believe I am quite experienced but I find my self making the wrong decisions many times. How to deal with this, try to minimize our losses and get a good return on the next trade.

markiva

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
May 9, 2015
Experience is very much needed in forex. The more you trade the more you acquire trading experience . Experience in forex cannot be measure every trader need as much as he get in forex to continually earn good profit.