How should a trader feel about losses?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
The worst aspect of losing is that it tends to create pessimism. Pessimism traps traders in the past, destroy their present and robs them of the future. Should a trader feel bad about losses or not?

toretton

Trader
Aug 9, 2014
Italy, Milano
Should or should not is only the traders choice. I'm trying not to concentrate on my failures nd losses neither in trading neither in life... Ur own attitude to all things in ur life creates ur future, so my advice do not feel sorry for yourself and move on

joescholz

Banned
Aug 25, 2014
Nobody will feel happy after loosing his hard earned money; that is why forex traders feel sad after a major loss. The way to handle losses is to condition your mind that you will not always win your traders 100% of times so when you loose you will not be depressed. Also always invest an amount you can afford to loose

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
one thing i can share is "treat each trade like its your first" a lose is a lose, it sucks but never let it affect what you are going to do with your next trade, and avoid chasing to make up for a losing trade, usually it will cost you more.

toretton

Trader
Aug 9, 2014
Italy, Milano
one thing i can share is "treat each trade like its your first" a lose is a lose, it sucks but never let it affect what you are going to do with your next trade, and avoid chasing to make up for a losing trade, usually it will cost you more.

I think it is better to say "treat each trade as its a last one" :D
of course losses makes u feel at least confused and upset but its necessary to be strong, hard working nd positive

dalat

Trader
May 21, 2013
they will feel bad. if they do not have management money plan. we will feel worry about their signal. i had bad time with this market. i felt bad , very bad. but when i got money again. i feel better and confident

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
Learn from your mistakes. Losses might as well turn you into a profitable trader if you succeed in finding the reasons behind.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Yup..having a good money management plan is essential..without it, you're bound to run into rough weather..

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Well as you can see most of the responses are pointing out that losses are part of the trading so you should find a way not feel sad at all about them and continue with your trading. Not any trader have 100% profitable trades so why you should have. Soonest possible you find a way to accept your losses as a part of the trading better for you.

nalu

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Sep 3, 2014
Loss is part of forex trading though it is normal to be sad after loseing a trade but you can take advantage of loss when you learn from your mistake and turn it to profitable trade.

dalat

Trader
May 21, 2013
i had a few time bad. but i don't lose my target. i must earn money with it. now i pass the bad time. i know when we still money in account we can cover our loss

willy

Trader
Oct 8, 2014
Though this might be very difficult to handle, but it is always best to take things easy. In such a situation, the best thing to do is try to access the whole thing, finding out where things went wrong and the what to do to move on with your trade.

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
No trader will be happy when he losses a trade but having the awareness that loss is part of forex trade will make the trader to use every lose trade as a medium of re-strategizing new ways to make profit.

Nov 4, 2014
We should learn how to balance our emotion during winning and losing moments. It is okay to feel happy when we win profits but we should not be depressed when we are making losses in our trading.

Feeling negative emotions can make our trading more worst than they already are. So always maintain a positive mindset when trading.

bobart

Trader
Nov 23, 2014
they will feel bad. if they do not have management money plan. we will feel worry about their signal. i had bad time with this market. i felt bad , very bad. but when i got money again. i feel better and confident

How right, how right. And after enough wins and losses they all start to seem like the same process.. Not quite so much pain and still happiness with new equity high.

:)

Bilal Jafar

Nov 30, 2014
If he's constantly loosing too much, then yes he should feel bad and actually leave it if he can. Unless he's too much addicted with it

But, to learn how to make profits... it's like a compulsory step to lose as well! lolx

limalima

Banned
Dec 10, 2014
One thing I would always say is that we should accept failure as an option and could happen at any moment in time as we go in the market.
And we should realize that from every failure comes an opportunity to learn, especially from the mistakes that brought failure in the first place. IF we have such an approach to failure, we'll deal well with them and move on.
...Be guided...