Forex Brokers - Do You Switch Brokers A Lot?

FXexpert

Master Trader
Dec 13, 2008
Hey everyone,

Quick question for all the Forex traders here, do you tend to switch Forex brokers a lot? Or are you more consistent & stable with the broker you trade with?

If you do switch brokers often, why is that? What attracts you to other Forex brokers?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's answer! :)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I still have never switched a broker for a real account, but I often open new demo accounts with the new brokers because new demo servers are usually less lagged and it's always interesting to check out the execution of a new broker.

Hamven

Banned
Apr 19, 2010
First I tried ACM but I did not find their customer support good plus they have poor Forex education and trading recommendations which I really need during the time I was starting. After which I transferred to FXCM but I am currently having problem with them now. Its a long story and will be off topic if I post it here. So for the time being it seems that I will be switching broker twice. :)

anna575

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2010
Hello

Wow, This is a useful information about Forex Brokers. Forex education is essential for everyone. There are a great opportunity for you. Thanks..:eek:

domkscott

Active Trader
Oct 6, 2010
Interesting Thread

I open a lot of demos also, just to see what's going on and try new platforms and such...
I switched broker 3 times. First, FXCBS because of obvious price manipulation and twice more because I suspected price manipulation and my suspicions are enough reason for me :)
Currently I'm running a few demos simultaneously, trying to find someone reliable for a long term relationship :D

Pipaholic

Active Trader
Oct 31, 2010
So far I've been live with 6 different brokers. FXDD, Forex.com, Broco, Velocity4X, Royal, and the Collective.
I thought The Colletive was the best except for the expenses each month, even if you didn't trade.
I'm currently opening an account with ThinkForex, and will get a VPS with it too.
On demo it looks great. (but then demos always do)

jmathers

Trader
Dec 22, 2010
Agreed, with all the demo accounts available and information spread by the internet it's hard to not know about your broker before trading with them. One problem I have noticed is many complaints of individuals going from free demo accounts to live trading accounts and not receiving the same spread. Best thing to do before choosing a broker is to look them up or find a good IBO to help you navigate.

Johny

Trader
Dec 22, 2010
You need to find a lot of frogs before you find you princess.

Some brokers are good for small accounts, some brokers are better for big accounts.

deepaksnv

Trader
Jan 7, 2011
www.forexpm.com
Forex Brokers

I think its not good if you change forex broker quickly...better if you do trading with an experienced forex broker rather than changing frequently.
but when it comes to money i can switch to a broker who can make more money for me.;)

johnalex757

Trader
Dec 26, 2010
www.stocksharetrading.co.uk
First things first.. In my experience the datas provided by the all the forex brokers are almost the same... Not much difference.... but its in the hands of the traders.. its the trader to use his experience of his past and take care so that he doesn't faces anymore losses...

Stevenfx

Trader
Oct 30, 2011
On my first years in forex I switched 5-10 broker per years. The reason was that I always thought there could be a better service or a better performance of the trading platform and I looked for the perfect one. Eventually I realized the customer service, withdrawal methods etc were not less important... so I gave that the proper weight when I looked for a broker. Eventually I found my home at Alpari, in which I run my account today. However, I always curious about new brokers so I open micro accounts in different brokers and stay there for a while if they are OK. I currently have an account at sunbirdfx, which I opened 2 month ago and it is satisfying, but I am still checking it. In general, I think that each trader should have at least 2 accounts, but don't switch too many brokers… it will confuse you.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Yea, at times. As Enivid said, it's always interesting to see the disparity between demo and real accounts..once that happens, start running for the hills.
Actually, you can use it as a litmus test, to see if the broker has been tweaking the demo just so to land real accounts. But yes, I do change brokers - not often though but just enough to make me review all new brokers in the market periodically.

DiF0r

Active Trader
Dec 16, 2011
I don't switch them a lot, I have a main account with one broker but every now and then I try out a new one with very a small deposit just to test things out...

Ryan Cruz

Trader
Sep 25, 2014
I haven't change to other broker yet as i'm good with the one i'm using right now.
But in my experience, if i found something suspicious, i simply ask them.
If they give me a crappy answer, then i might change to other.
But the thing is, nothings perfect.

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
i started trading with Etoro then switched to FXCM, Hotforex and now trading with Exness. Well i think one should change brokers untill he finds the best broker which fits ones trading style. After changing three brokers i have found the broker who offers me very profitable conditions.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
usually us traders only more to another broker if faced with something that doesnt go our way, and if we find a good broker we stick to it, unless IBs i think they usually join more than just one broker not really switching, but if there was a trader that switches a lot, like A LOT!! then it might not be the broker, it could be the trader at fault.

nalu

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Sep 3, 2014
Switching broker is not ideal thats is why you need to do proper research before trading with a broker . I trade with profiforex and i am very please with their service and i have no reason to change broker.

toretton

Trader
Aug 9, 2014
Italy, Milano
I was switching brokers a loooot before I found the one for me...Now I have one real account with my broker but I still want to differentiate my risks that is why I switch brokers on demo accounts..