Market Makers, ECN and STP brokers

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
My vote goes for ECN and STP brokers. ECN and STP both have the same concept of connecting you directly to liquidity providors. ECN stands for Electronic Communications Networks and STP stands for Straight Through Processing. With ECN u get true bids and offers and broker charges you commission with STP your directly connected to the market without a dealing desk. However some market maker brokers are also good unless they manipulate your account.

globalfx

Trader
Feb 24, 2014
My vote goes for ECN and STP brokers. ECN and STP both have the same concept of connecting you directly to liquidity providors. ECN stands for Electronic Communications Networks and STP stands for Straight Through Processing. With ECN u get true bids and offers and broker charges you commission with STP your directly connected to the market without a dealing desk. However some market maker brokers are also good unless they manipulate your account.

You represent a market maker as far as I can tell. So, I would not likely accept anything good you tell me about them.

foxcon

Trader
May 26, 2014
Ya. I agree with you for become safe and secure. Searching this kind of broker I found Alpari, Dukascopy, Profiforex and few offers both ECN accounts and STP technology. Other some brokers offer different options which is subsequent of this. It is also good to find which brokers provides regulated liquidity. As ECN broker consolidates price quotations from several market participants, it can generally offer its clients tighter bid/ask spreads than would be otherwise available to them.

jezzykid

Banned
Nov 21, 2014
They are also known as market makers or non desk brokers; who match your traders with that of other brokers; I think they are much better than desk dealers that trade side by side with you; another good thing about them is that they offer very tight spread on their currency pairs; for instance, the 0.1 pips spread that is offered in the Profiforex and other genuine ECN platforms.

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
I opt for ECN. If you tried to compare it with its main "competitor" STP you would find that spreads are tighter there as well as the slippage you get on your trades. ECN has additional liquidity, like aggregating it from the sources that it has, while in STP execution orders are transferred to the LP (working as intermediary). My ECN choice is Tickmill, I'm on testing stage, trying news straddle on US releases..
But STP is also potentially profitable scheme of order execution so feel free to use broker exploiting this scheme too..

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
I trade Profiforex an ECN/STP broker. And i can see they are the best because they only charge a commission per trade that is why i have not experience cheating so they are reliable and they provide fast execution of trade.