Price Action Swing Trading - The PAST Strategy

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
Ahhh! Good morning Nigel - how's the head this morning?

Fully back up to speed now basilc, very kind of you to enquire! All self-inflicted of course, so I am neither in receipt of, or entitled to, any sympathy whatsoever!

Thanks for the incitation. There's hope for the likes of me yet!

Of course there is hope for you! I seem to remember you making a couple of very insightful points in your posts before, could it be said that you are perhaps being modest? ;)

Hope things are good with you, are you still involved with Curraghmore House? I bet it is beautiful around there today!

Take care! Nigel

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
There has been a lot of US dollar-bullish commentary about over the last few weeks and months, mostly being attributed to the Fed tapering and all that.

I have to say, looking at the charts, if the USD is going to start rallying, it would want to start pretty soon, because it is not looking healthy at all across quite a few different pairs!

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
Last one out again at b/e. Back up at the underside of the trendline again.

Short from here.... :)

Out if we get a break and hold above the line

Attachments

• euraud.png
    euraud.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 26

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
my entriy price is 5414, if you're interested :D

I have a feeling we will know pretty quickly on this one whether the market is going to play ball or not... no hanging around here waiting to see - it is either going in our direction or it's not. I don't need to wait for a couple days and a few hundred pips to find out! :)

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
5427 now - looks like the bears are retreating and the bulls are gaining confidence... we are above the trendline now but I want to see the bulls manage to establish themselves around these levels, could still be a false break....

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
That last spike took out my stop for -23 pips.

Won't be interested unless price at least gets back below the purple trendline - will be watching the green one over the next few days too. :D

Attachments

• euraud.png
    euraud.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 30

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
Price continues to steam onwards to the upside. But the losses for me are static and contained at 23 pips. Trust me, it is sooooo much better to take the pain quickly, rather than watching losses accumulate. There is nothing worse than the feeling of helplessness you get when you are watching your losses grow bigger and bigger.

Remember, I am trying to look at this from the monthly anchor chart perspective, so just to remind ourselves, the chart below is the current monthly. We could be consolidating for another leg higher, or we could be rolling over for a leg lower. If it moves higher we stand aside, if it moves lower we get aggressive.

Attachments

• euraud.png
    euraud.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 32

Nigel Price

Master Trader
Jun 26, 2013
www.forexuseful.com
Clearly quite a bit of euro strength/aussie weakness about today so I'm unlikely to be doing much in the way of trading! The green trendline I posted yesterday is now my main reference point for this pair. Will try and get bearish below it.

Every now and again the market is gracious enough to give us a day off - would be rude not to take it! :D