Not allowing links in signatures

Forexguy

Active Trader
This is, in my opinion, a ridiculous rule. The content I post is valuable, I participate to provide value and to learn, so why then should I be denied the opportunity to advertise my business? I'm not spamming anyone, and the reader has a choice whether or not they want to check out the link. How do you know that MY site would not be valuable to the forum menbers? This is the first forum I've joined that has such a rule.. and because of it I won't be back.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
This is, in my opinion, a ridiculous rule. The content I post is valuable, I participate to provide value and to learn, so why then should I be denied the opportunity to advertise my business? I'm not spamming anyone, and the reader has a choice whether or not they want to check out the link. How do you know that MY site would not be valuable to the forum menbers? This is the first forum I've joined that has such a rule.. and because of it I won't be back.
The advertising on the forum is paid. The forum was created for traders to discuss trading issues, not for the entrepreneurs to promote their sites and products.

cheeseweasel

Active Trader
Sep 23, 2010
www.forextradingzen.net
I just wanted to double check if my sig is okay? I'm guessing it's fine because I'm just linking to personal rather than commercial sites, but better safe than sorry! :)

By the way, I agree with the stipulation to not allow commercial links - forex is full of people spamming and trying to push their junk on others (I'm not saying that everything out there is junk, but it's far easier to have a blanket ban than validate every product and service in a link), it's nice to have somewhere that's free of that.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I just wanted to double check if my sig is okay? I'm guessing it's fine because I'm just linking to personal rather than commercial sites, but better safe than sorry! :)

By the way, I agree with the stipulation to not allow commercial links - forex is full of people spamming and trying to push their junk on others (I'm not saying that everything out there is junk, but it's far easier to have a blanket ban than validate every product and service in a link), it's nice to have somewhere that's free of that.
Links to personal blogs with no ads (or very few of them) are OK.

M

mjackson

any advertising in threads, in any shape and form, must be forbidden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alchemist

Active Trader
May 2, 2012
England
www.alchemistforex.com
The advertising on the forum is paid. The forum was created for traders to discuss trading issues, not for the entrepreneurs to promote their sites and products.

I agree with this. Some commercial sites do offer valuable content, but it would be impossible to police. Besides, you don't want impressionable newbies going off to commercial sites . . . :)

Links to personal blogs with no ads (or very few of them) are OK.

I agree with this as well, because it's beneficial to other members. When I come across someone who is posting useful stuff, I'll visit their site if they have one.

fxlogic

Trader
Oct 18, 2012
Agree

Yes, i agree with you. maybe do 100 posts first before allowing to add links on his/her sig. I think thats the trust level to show that you are not spamming the forum

lowe

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 28, 2014

I think there is a valid reason for this, and besides everyone make their rule, after all they are they providers. So we just have to try our best to follow them!

• 👍
Reactions: supeertrader

syai77

Active Trader
May 18, 2013
tuban
Yeah, link on signature make our account looks so bad...
So, please any one here, romove your payment sustem