Have you ever heard of portfolio trading??

Akriti

Confirmed IFC Markets Representative
Jul 23, 2013
India
Hi,
Lately I came up with this term “ portfolio trading” . I started gathering as much information as possible and as far as I understood portfolio trading gives you the opportunity to create your own personal financial instruments. You are free to combine the instruments you want like (stock portfolios, currency indices, global stock indices, indices of precious metals, globally diversified portfolios, and many more). It also can give you a deep history of composite instruments, reaching up to 40 years. I also found out that with the help of portfolio it is possible to make your own analysis based on 40 years composite instruments database both in absolute terms and in relation to any other asset or portfolio. If you are a trader, you will see trends which are not seen to other participants. And If you are an analyst, you will get unique information for market analysis.

I’m just curious if anyone else has heard about this trading??. It would be interesting for me to hear your opinions about portfolio trading. Because as you know for many traders the availability of various trading instruments is very important, because in that case they’ll enter the financial market more easily.

Waiting for your replies..:)

george55

Trader
Oct 29, 2013
www.ifcmarkets.com
portfolio trading is quite awkward for me for the first sight as I didn't quite got the idea of two portfolios trading against each other! analysis is high way here and one should be keen on the task to understand it thoroughly! I will study it in more details. it really interested me ... and I also would like to hear some opinions..

Akriti

Jul 23, 2013
India
where to see the examples?

I have found some examples searching for the method in the browser... you may try yourself... there is a website... and there is not only an example of portfolios but also how they are traded relative to each other. if you read about the method, I would like to develop our discussion as I'm very interested in the method.. I think it may provide totally new possibilities in trading...

Last edited:

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Yup, portfolio trading can take a while getting used too..and you can combine all the instruments you prefer to trade with - from indices to crude. As for actual trading, do dabble in portfolio trading periodically but that's about it.

Akriti

Jul 23, 2013
India
Yup, portfolio trading can take a while getting used too..and you can combine all the instruments you prefer to trade with - from indices to crude. As for actual trading, do dabble in portfolio trading periodically but that's about it.

This is good not also for creating any instrument of imagination.. but also... with the method it is possible to get 40 year price history in a few minutes.. and I think... it may be a method of risk diversification... we can make profitable portfolios... It is possible to use tools of technical analysis for analyzing price changes of the created portfolios..... you may read quite informative articles about the method, if you search for GeWorko method.. I'm still doing a research on that . and I am very interested .

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
You came up with the term? I highly doubt it. A portfolio is simply your trading account. Some only have a forex portfolio while others trade a more diverse portfolio. You babble about getting price history for 40 years, you can get that in countless places and it is normal rather than something special.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Actually you can get historical data online - just go online and search some of the top finance news websites, brokers, few fx platforms..you're bound to find it easy

Akriti

Jul 23, 2013
India
You came up with the term? I highly doubt it. A portfolio is simply your trading account. Some only have a forex portfolio while others trade a more diverse portfolio. You babble about getting price history for 40 years, you can get that in countless places and it is normal rather than something special.

Doubt about what? ) You mix it ...I'm talking about Portfolio trading through GeWorko method, what trading account you mean? ) .... search in google GeWorko Method, and you will understand what I mean.... It's a new financial tool, which gives opportunity to create portfolios from different assets... you create one portfolio as base and another as a quote one... and you trade them... it's totally new thing... you may look for it, and read... there are many articles.... the price history is about your COMPOSITE INSTRUMENT price history.. you may include both long and short positions in a single portfolio and each asset may have it's unique weight in percentage in the portfolio.. It will be easier if you read some articles.. quite interesting topic and totally new one!

Akriti

Jul 23, 2013
India
Actually you can get historical data online - just go online and search some of the top finance news websites, brokers, few fx platforms..you're bound to find it easy

Fxpipper.... in fact i didn't get your point... what can I find in news websites???? EXACT PRICE HISTORY OVER 40 YEARS FOR A COMPOSITE INSRUMENT???? I meant another thing... I meant price history for the created portfolio... for example you have included 10 assets in one portfolio... so it gives the history for your whole portfolio... this is the point

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Ah, sorry for the mix up, was talking about bloomberg, it works great and have access to historical data as well as real time market quotes..

Akriti

Jul 23, 2013
India
Ah, sorry for the mix up, was talking about bloomberg, it works great and have access to historical data as well as real time market quotes..

Yep, I know that about Bloomberg... but I'm not talking about a single instrument. Here you can get the historical data for A PORTFOLIO... which may include 100s of instruments...... do you see the difference?

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
Portfolio trading is becoming a nice prospects. I even heard of one that connects trade analytic and a comforting execution possibilities; helping traders remain very competitive.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Ah, you mean historical data for the portfolio..that's going to be harder. Don't think any one offers it..which kind of makes it difficult to gauge their performance. Of course the broker in question would provide some data on past performance but this is usually limited.
Let me know if you happen to know any way to get historical data on portfolios..would really love to get access to the info

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
never heard it before but thanks for the information, do you have a link to learn about it more....

Akriti

Jul 23, 2013
India
Portfolio trading is becoming a nice prospects. I even heard of one that connects trade analytic and a comforting execution possibilities; helping traders remain very competitive.

what you mean by connects trade analytic and a comforting execution possibilities?

Akriti

Jul 23, 2013
India
portfolio trading is provded by IFC Markets... and they give the price history for the whole portfolio.. this is one of the most important features of GeWorko method... fxapex, you may search for GeWorko method.. and read much information about it.. there are many articles...

Akriti

Jul 23, 2013
India
Ah, you mean historical data for the portfolio..that's going to be harder. Don't think any one offers it..which kind of makes it difficult to gauge their performance. Of course the broker in question would provide some data on past performance but this is usually limited.
Let me know if you happen to know any way to get historical data on portfolios..would really love to get access to the info

Fxpipper , I guess price history for the whole portfolio reaching up to 40 years.. is very important in terms of the speed. it is possible to get it in minutes only. I think when you read some articles, you'll get clearer picture..

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Thanks for the tip but please update this thread if you do come across any platform with the required data set for various portfolios. Thanks in adv..and sure, will review some of the articles and feel free to post the links to some of the more relevant ones, will help cut out some of the chaff..