Do You Trade the "Basket?"

OK,

Let's make it simpler. Since you know how to change case contents, go to case 7. enter all JPY pairs. Do the exact same thing, the same way, in BasketTrader2.3. Be sure to click "Recompile" before you punch out of each. Now, in Basket8 input, you use case number, same with BT2.3. BT will show you the contents of that case.

Pips Ahoy!

Trader
Aug 14, 2013
waterloo, ontario
d'oh, more confused

i don't know if changing case contents is working and i don't know which case is even being used or which case to input my pairs into or..

i just want to be able to view a couple pairs together as one chart

Pips Ahoy!

Trader
Aug 14, 2013
waterloo, ontario
i keep getting 'waiting for update' when i try to open the offline chart

also, i can't locate 1a combo ultimate in meta editor even though i have the file in the (all of the folders to be safe)

Last edited:
Try a pencil and paper. Ya know, some of this stuff has to be done by hand. It's not all automatic. Set Basket8 to 1 hr. Run on a 1 hr chart/offline chart. When you understand all components, THEN play around with the inputs. Otherwise, just follow the instructions as given. 1A Combo is labeled as an EA. What folder would it be in then? You mentioned you need to "manage your pairs." Then baskets may not be your answer. You don't manage pairs in a basket. You let the whole basket just run.

Last edited:
I just cut a student loose and here's what his response was:

EZ:
I can only get better with time. Had I followed my first mind on Friday and held until this morning I would have been up over 12000 pips and if I would have scaled in another pair or even if I hadn't I would have been up over 1000 pips this morning making that 100.00 that I sought. But I thought to myself instead of following it or taking the chance of it going lower I thought I would look for another opportunity if there were one available to me. I guess there was. Anyway it goes I'm up and now I know what to look for to make it happen. It's just unbelievable to in a matter of a few hours approx. 5 to be exact I was up over 525 pips in an evening. That's AMAZING. I still can't believe it. I'm just numb. I get it but it's so fascinating. Why trade any other way. You've CHANGED MY LIFE!!!! The thanks goes to you. Now, hopefully those other guys will take to this like a duck to water because the water is wet and the temperature is fine. My sincere thanks.
XXXXX
P.S. I feel like I'm cheating and taking money from people...hehehe. But, if they fall for the...hey, look over there. What am I supposed to do...LMAO.
--------------------------
I've got him trading 0.01 lots this week, his first time on his own. He's got the Pump running on all three rails.

Pips Ahoy!

Trader
Aug 14, 2013
waterloo, ontario
apologies for my blunders... back on track now...

question: after we have let the basket run for an hour or so to wait out the bounce, do we close the trades that are not in profit and let the others run? if we do close a few pairs, does this mean we have to go and edit the basketv8 and t101 files so our combined chart will reflect the changes to the basket?

this also ties in with my next question: all baskets are pre-defined days beforehand and only go through minor tweaks here and there correct? or are we always getting random pairs every day that require constant editing of the basketv8 and t101 files? this is a really noob question i know

bonkers

Trader
Oct 9, 2013
Glad that I stumbled upon this thread.

I've recently started basket trader with ok success. After reading the thread, I'll start focusing on JPY and EUR baskets.

bonkers

Trader
Oct 9, 2013
Made 200 pips ($500) while I slept during London session. EUR basket.

Looked at the combo ultimate for setup and pulled the trigger.

For those here who may not know, my upgraded "Money Pump" is located at [url deleted] . No reason to plaster the exact same thing over several forums. There have been several changes made that enhance the Pump and more in the pipeline. People are making good money with it, too, even in THIS market! And it's free.

Gubaru

Trader
Nov 12, 2013
Hi Im stuck a little bit with your basket strat. Was wondering can u help me please? My problem is I can't find the Open Basket/ Close basket words you were talking about on the first page of your thread. Other than that I think everything else is fine. Just cant place order because cant find the words.Here's screenshot of my chart.
http://gyazo.com/c9c10bdb72059c334d89adac217057ce

Gubaru

Trader
Nov 12, 2013
Hi ezrydn. Don't worry about my last question. I found what I was looking for. Made a rookie mistake. Thanks for informative thread.