Simple versus Complex System in Trading

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
Usually trading system with many indicators say a complex system, otherwise the trading system with little indicator or even do not have called simple system. The problem is whether a complex trading system provides more accurate prediction compared with the trading system with a few indicators. If the answer is that complex systems can not guarantee to give better results than the simple system, then surely many people who chose a simple trading system (with one / two indicators).

I think it is impossible if we able use only one indictor to make profit, this is not matter of less indicator or complex indicators, but how we can find the ideal one, not many not less, the balance. With combination it will make our decision almost perfect, it is include where to SL and TP.

michael77

Trader
Aug 5, 2013
It actually depends because you know that there are lots of indicators and we do not need all of those if it does not suit to our trading strategy. My best suggestion to you that you should keep following only those indicators which are most effective to your own trading strategy. As an example i can say that a scalper does not need to follow all indicator but a day trader need to follow more indicators.

BlindFA

Trader
Apr 29, 2013
I'm also using "simple" price action and stripping my charts as much as possible from indicators. That's the best way.