Do you ever look back at your trading journal?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I am not sure if everyone kept a trading journal, but I did when I started out trading. I think it really helped my learning curve as I wrote down all my trades plus everything else I did and I reviewed ot every weekend.

I have stopped keeping a trading journal now that I have my strategy and get the results I want, but from time to time I do take a look and take another look at my progress. I wonder if I would have made the same progress without a trading journal and I think if it is kept properly it can really be of assistance as you navigate your way though the early days of our forex trading.

Do those of you who kept one ever take another look at it after you stopped keeping it?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Heck yes it does and it makes perfect sense to plot all the trades, from demo to live, from loss to wins..
How the hell are we supposed to streamline our strategy and figure out what works, what doesn''t if we do not keep track of the trades with a journal?
That's what I did and still do at times..

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I think it is a very beneficial thing to do, but a lot of especially new traders do not bother with it. Their loss.

michael77

Trader
Aug 5, 2013
Keeping, reading and watching trading journals are very useful to me, but it does not mean that i open a trade based on news. It just help me to enrich my knowledge in each day and keep myself up to date all the time so that i can make a better decision before opening a new trade.

hermawati

Banned
Jul 1, 2013
indonesia
Yeah sometimes, i look back my journal trade. it just for revising my strategy and keep be better in each trade..
Now, It helps me to making money in lite broker. not consistent but it's enough for afford small things...

EarlCCameron

Trader
Dec 7, 2013
Yeah sometime we have to take priorities in using all the important review journals in our Forex trading business in order to gain good understanding with this business form. I had been doing the bitcoin trading for my business and it seems that I have some good ideas for using the Forex review journal. I t really works well and was able to make my business ran very smooth this time.