Thinking about going live

Best Forex Reviews

Active Trader
Oct 13, 2009
There is a difference between demo trading and trading with real money. It's an emotional difference.

Drive down the road, throw a one-penny coin out of the window every time you go through an intersection. It's easy! That's how demo trading feels, when you take a theoretical loss.

Drive the same road, but this time throw 100 quid out the window at every intersection. Do you feel like you want to stop driving? Perhaps you want to avoid intersections? That's the way it feels to endure real losses with real money.

4 weeks is not really enough time to learn everything that there is to learn. You will probably learn a lot more in the next 4 weeks of trading with real money.

My recommendation is to be very careful, control your risk, trade small and build up over time. If things are not working out, stop trading with real money until you know what needs to be fix.

Last edited:

fxp

Banned
Oct 1, 2009
Take this as a rule of thumb: Only after 50 trades in which you are 50% correct and at least +20% (risking +1% per trade) you are ready to go live. Not a minute earlier.

Tradorama

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2009
You must trade live. Even if it is on 1 cent each trade, you must trade live. Trading demo gives you false confidence and you never act like you'd do on LIVE account.

Forexcube

Master Trader
Dec 2, 2009
Switzerland
www.forexcube.ch
Approximation - ROI

Return on Investment (ROI)

5 x 0.2% = 1%

When you trade just now e.g,. EURUSD,... traders could make Enters and Exits.

When you set your Exits at 6.-$ Profit, so you earn with a 3'000.- $ Account 0.2% with every single one of them.

To keep repeating this the fifth time you carry out a ROI at 1%.

Experienced low risc profit trading styles might setting a target at 0.125% (of deposits) per day.

If you will make more money per day, you could pay off the deposit and after all this time you trade only with your profits and will be up to diversify your Coping (trading styles)

:).

Kindest regards

Attachments

• EURUSD, M1, M5.jpg
    EURUSD, M1, M5.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Forexcube

Master Trader
Dec 2, 2009
Switzerland
www.forexcube.ch
Shoo-in?

Picking a winner?

Being stopped out of a currency trade several times means that you have losing trades in a row. They ended up as losing trades because of a change of direction in each market rather than poor execution and that is important to know. When that happens traders automatically go into a different analytical frame of mind. :eek: Early in s.o.'s trading career, you would be anxious to get that money back so you would move down to a shorter time frame chart and trade away. After a while, it became obvious that this "revenge trading" resulted in more losses rather than gains, so you stopped doing it. :confused: Now you move the other direction in that you look at the daily chart to see what is happening. You assume that the wave structure on the 4-hour chart has played out and that we should start looking for a correction on the daily chart instead. :mad: So you pick a pair that offered some solid trades and use that as your benchmark or "scout" if you will on where the markets want to go from here. You are using e.g. the EUR/GBP daily chart as that shows a potential buying opportunity. If the trends are to remain intact, this market should reverse at some point here and start to move back up. You have a trendline and Slow Stochastics plotted here to offer another way to judge this countertrend move. There are other pairs in similar situations with the USD/JPY being one example. But the key here is to get a better feel for this move and it's strength. If this is the beginning of a trend change, the market will move right through this trendline and continue to move down. At that point, you have to exercise some patience in waiting for the next trading opportunity. If you see the EUR/GBP find support and start to reverse, this could be a solid trading opportunity with a chance for a big gain. But this is the time to back off a little so we can get "in tune" with the market instead of forcing a trade. :eek: The market will do what it wants to do in spite of what we want. It is important to remember that.

Kindest regards​

Last edited:

j'ai

Trader
Nov 10, 2011
I must be one of the odd ones then lol.

I'm worried about going live as I treat the demo as if it was real, I get excited at winning and get upset at the losses, especially when I've spent ages analysing a situation and deciding buy only to have got it completely wrong and it drops like a stone.

I'd have to win big if only to pay for the new monitors each time I get it wrong hahaha.

SamForexTrader

Active Trader
Sep 24, 2012
UK
www.ifcmarkets.com
When you are already thinking about going into live after trading in demo account for some time, you will be more quiet, if you start trading with very small investment. It will serve you as somehow a live practice.

candle7779

Banned
Sep 27, 2012
Yes I agree with last statement. You have some experience but trading on live account is something different from demo. So it is better to start with small account to my mind.

SamForexTrader

Active Trader
Sep 24, 2012
UK
www.ifcmarkets.com
If you open a demo account, sooner or later you will pass from the demo field to the real one. But what are the signs that it is high time for you to pass to real trading?
1.You have had more profitable transactions ever since than unprofitable ones
2.You are able to manage your capital properly
3.You already control your emotions

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Honestly, nothing stops me from having a live account and trading it, especially if I've been profitable on a demo for about one year or more. I believe that, with a reliable broker, we can get the same results on live accounts provided we stick to our rules.

burdianex

Trader
May 10, 2013
Actually brokers should know all the things related to the Forex Trading.. in Forex Trading some times market is high & some times it's low. but, It’s really nice job for peoples who what to earn money in short time period…. Forex Trading is really best way to raise your income. you should go for it., but first you should know the concept of Forex Trading. I have one more site that can help you for knowing more about Online Forex Trading....,

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Actually brokers should know all the things related to the Forex Trading.. in Forex Trading some times market is high & some times it's low. but, It’s really nice job for peoples who what to earn money in short time period…. Forex Trading is really best way to raise your income. you should go for it., but first you should know the concept of Forex Trading. I have one more site that can help you for knowing more about Online Forex Trading....,

I think your mindsest to earn money fast in a short time is a big reason for failure. In forex you will not achieve that over a long time period.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
The reaction is simple: go live after you've been surviving on demo for at least, 4 months. But take care to stick to your rules and trades exactly as you traded while on demo.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
The reaction is simple: go live after you've been surviving on demo for at least, 4 months.

Terrible advise in my opinion. It does not matter how long you played in demo, you did not trade at all. The real world is much different.

Rockefeller

Master Trader
Jul 12, 2013
London
Terrible advise in my opinion. It does not matter how long you played in demo, you did not trade at all. The real world is much different.

I totally agree. Demo and real are very different things. If you learn on demo then you should open a demo and request amount there you intend to deposit.
For example 100€ and then you can try to treat is as your own money.

BlindFA

Trader
Apr 29, 2013
You could also just open a small trading account an amount of money you don't really care about (could be 100€ or 1000€, depending on how rich you are!).

You'll have a feel of what it's like to trade live, real money etc, without having the fear of losingtoo much.

I'd say demo -> prove you can beat the market -> small amount of money in acc -> prove you can be psychologically strong -> go officially live.

PaulPoulp

Trader
May 2, 2013
I have quite a contrarian belief.

I think you should go live as soon as you can, as soon as your finances allow. Even if it's only with like 100 USD.

Demo trading is great for proving proof of concept i.e your strategy looks like it MIGHT work.

Being able to make money on demo does not suggest, in anyway, that you'll be able to make money on live.

Traders should trade live as soon as possible, as it's only then that they'll be able to see if THEY are able to make money.

Live = emotions, demo = optimising.