Can you sleep and you are trading in any transaction?

jdallas156

Trader
Jan 3, 2013
Dhaka
I am in the days I did trading on Forex and I wanted to sleep and But I can not sleep and I'm on a rotation that you are in my position this is what you do Are you sleeping or complete the trade? I want your opinion ?

If I can sleep in a dirty foxhole while a nearby 155mm Gun fires, trades won't bother me. I've slept many times while I had trades in progress. Not being able to sleep should show you where you need work. Sometime at night when the body demands a pitstop, I may stop long enough to check on a continuing trade but nothing more.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
sleep

i may let trading keep me from mowin the grass, washin the truck, fixin the leakin roof, cuttin firewood and such......

but i never let it interfere with sleep or huntin..... we gotta have priorities.......h

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
As a new trader, I could not sleep a wink without closing the trade and reading the P/L. But after a few years, you get used to it, irrespective of whether the pips are in red or green.

krecex

Trader
Oct 8, 2012
I only trade when my eyes are wide open. Coz, I wouldn't want to use any robots to help me in trading. I was used it once, but it didn't help me much, instead it losing my money. So, I prefer manual than EA.

AsiaDev

Trader
Mar 10, 2013
Yes you can sleep with open positions. You can use Stop loss and Take profit in your trades . It will automatically close your position on desired pips. It is not necessary to watch trades all the time.You can use pending orders . Before trading deep analysis is necessary . with open positions you can be at ease if you not want instant trading. Be relax to use different tools.

Last edited:

okon2much

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
Ofcourse, you can sleep. I remember opening trades for two days, I just pretended as if nothing happened. I slept very well without worries. I guess you just need to be confident. Maybe you are not meant for long term trades

AsiaDev

Trader
Mar 10, 2013
Yes I can do this. Forex facilitates in it to me I can use take profit and Stop loss if I am not watching my trades . If I feel market will move to any position I can use pending order with TP an SL it will trade for me During my sleep or absence. It is not necessary to see market all the time with open positions. You can use these tools and have a rest.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Yup! The platform makes it easy, and using TP and SL is just perfect to limit exposure. And on manual trading vs EA, would definitely suggest manual..

Mike WFX

Trader
Mar 24, 2013
If we are not using the SL and TP then it is just adding extra pressure on our mind and we will not feel relax. Just make it a habit of using these tools in your trading and you will feel better.

tabalo

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Feb 20, 2013
Please don't put trades on the market when you go sleep, If you have SL and TP, it's safer but I don't recommend to do it. Please watch your trade, it's your money flow, if you don't control it, it would go wrong.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Please don't put trades on the market when you go sleep, If you have SL and TP, it's safer but I don't recommend to do it. Please watch your trade, it's your money flow, if you don't control it, it would go wrong.
For many traders, sitting in-front of the chart watching profit/loss bounce is a recipe for disaster. It is where trading system rules are usually broken due to emotional outbursts.

trade lot size that is good size for You... and sleep well !

Finally after all that the position size! Thank you herculesfx.

You know there is something I observe in humans & traders.

They seek an element which is 'the illusion' of control.
Trading is a great thing for fooling ourselves into
thinking we will be able to do some things and gain
the satisfaction of that desire.

I should inform you of something now which will save you
the inevitable disappointment. True control is not there
and the market is always the boss.

Anyway the risk control of position sizing is another and
more professional trade planning method that does let you
take the control over yourself.

If you want to get a real nice money management and trade
handling technique that will control Fear and Greed at the
SAME time plus let you sleep all the way to the bank ;)
Google "The Trouble with Today's Technical Analysis".

Nothing like having free riding positions.

It's about just past half way into the video.

Last edited:

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I am in the days I did trading on Forex and I wanted to sleep and But I can not sleep and I'm on a rotation that you are in my position this is what you do Are you sleeping or complete the trade? I want your opinion ?

I understand what you mean, and I am a new trader myself but I do not lose any sleep over my positions. I set my stop loss levels and trust them. I know there are times when you lose money and that it is part of trading. I would not jeoperdize my health in my pursuit to earn money.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
No I will prefer to monitor trades when positions ar open . I will not sleep, If I sleep I will close all positions or do necessary steps for this as use Stop loss and take profit on preferred pips. I usually use instant and manual trading and seldom do trading with EA because I fear they will bring more loss to me.