What spread does your broker offer...

Kungfupanda

Banned
Oct 8, 2012
My broker hotforex offfers 1:1000 leverage for micro-account and 1:400 for premium account.

Also tight spreads at some major pairs.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Just got a .1 spread on EUR/USD and a .4 on Cable/dollar, so far the Trio are working great for me. Any spread larger than 2 pips is just not worth the time and certainly not what a ECN broker will offer..
Paladin, which ECN broker are you using?

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
usually eurusd is like 1.4 - 1.8, there are times it can go wider which is normal I trade with hotforex, not so sure about their currenex account i guess its a lot lower, but commissions are present for currenex. so there, some exotic pairs tend to have greater spreads.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
I never go near exotics for the volatility which can cause the spread to widen..yeah, been there, done that and not planning to do a repeat for the moment.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
1.3 on which pairs? Majors or crosses? And of course, each broker prefers to dress up their spread as the lowest - just wish there was a way we can compare spreads from different brokers, from a single website, that should save us all some time.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
exotic pairs are like any other exotic thing! not meant for everyone and you'll never know what will happen next. haha point taken! ill stick to what i know and thats the majors (at least i think i know them) :D

tabalo

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Feb 20, 2013
1.3 on which pairs? Majors or crosses? And of course, each broker prefers to dress up their spread as the lowest - just wish there was a way we can compare spreads from different brokers, from a single website, that should save us all some time.

On this broker's website I see 0.3 with EUR/USD and 0.21 for GOLD. Seems they are enough for me to trade.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Well, with real ecn you can even hit spreads lesser than 0.3 but that depends on your broker. And on gold, it is always a good buy - irrespective of whether the price is high or not at the moment since the valuation is heading in only one direction - up.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Got to admit that part did make me go "Whoa!"..
Just wonder how the brokers are selling the whopper of a spread as the smallest one in the market - talk about over reach,

okon2much

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
I use Profiforex and my favorite pairs are EUR/USD and AUD/USD. My broker offers 0.7 for EUR/USD and 0.9 for AUD/USD. They take 0.3pips as their commission for the whole deal and nothing more. The trading condition here is perfectly ok.