What do you take under consideration while choosing a brokerage company?

MonsterTrader

Trader
Jan 18, 2013
I agree with the above. But I would just like to add that you should NEVER overlook regulation of brokers. If you are in the UK only go with an FSA regulated broker otherwise if they go bankrupt you will probably lose all your money.

okon2much

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
As for me I first of all pay attention to regulation. Then look through trading conditions: minimum deposit, maximum leverage, spreads, etc., the promptness of deposit and withdrawal procedures are also important for me.

I also agree with you. Regulation is very important. Fast withdraw and deposit promptness is another way to identify a broker who has your best interest. However, most brokers that claim to be highly regulated do not always offer the best trading terms and they tend to make life more difficult to traders. I don't know if anyone here uses profiforex, but I have to tell you that they have really impressed me. I never expected the services they are providing, which is even far better than what other popular brokers offer. I feel secure.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
As for me I first of all pay attention to regulation. Then look through trading conditions: minimum deposit, maximum leverage, spreads, etc., the promptness of deposit and withdrawal procedures are also important for me.
I was thinking regulation of a broker is not a sure guarantee to the honesty of the broker. I believe forex would be scam free if we are strictly negligence-free. We all know even regulated brokers fraudulently bites mouthfuls from their clients. A colleague complained seriously of even the reputable Alpari.Their manipulated platforms, micro account is a big scam, you can hardly make profit.They trade against you on many occasions,they liquidate your SL at their consent and their renowned well calculated EA manipulation. What do you think? I even read a whole page of their reviews and it was honestly all about scandals.

Last edited:

carl john

Trader
Sep 18, 2013
I will look for regulation, high leverage, spreads, trading options, easy payments & withdrawals and who offered Transparent system for trading...........

Dmitriy Enrst

Active Trader
Mar 14, 2015
It is important for me to know who the broker is regulated, what are the technical specifications, the output is also important. Another good thing, if it is a large variety of trading tools.

Fahim

Jul 22, 2015
Cairo
Reliable broker should have some reputation and feedback. But please don't just base your choice solely on regulated brokers, there are other factors to consider. Execution, withdrawal, spreads, high leverage are also very important...Proof regulation is not a decisive factor, regulation does not protect you against scam.

wisdom

Jul 29, 2015
Apart from regulation i think reputation of a broker also matters because when a broker is highly reputable it shows they are good . I also look at the withdrawal and deposit system it is very important.

Steve Lock

Master Trader
Feb 28, 2015
Apart from regulation i think reputation of a broker also matters because when a broker is highly reputable it shows they are good . I also look at the withdrawal and deposit system it is very important.
Absolutely agree. I prefer deposit without a commission. Why should I pay for it? 2,5% is quite a lot. I'm with FreshForex now and it made a good choice:it has cancelling deposit commission.

Damiri

Trader
Oct 6, 2015
I was thinking regulation of a broker is not a sure guarantee to the honesty of the broker. I believe forex would be scam free if we are strictly negligence-free. We all know even regulated brokers fraudulently bites mouthfuls from their clients. A colleague complained seriously of even the reputable Alpari.Their manipulated platforms, micro account is a big scam, you can hardly make profit.They trade against you on many occasions,they liquidate your SL at their consent and their renowned well calculated EA manipulation. What do you think? I even read a whole page of their reviews and it was honestly all about scandals.
Regulations it is important, but it is depend of the brokerage owner it self , what kind of business models are they use?pure ECN/STP/DMA or againts its clients.
Honesty,reputations, and integrity are not build by a night, but i can destroyed in one single move.
so i choose the other factor.
as retail trades , it is important for me to search a brokerage reputations it self
how long they are already in this markets, what are they business model, minimal deposit, leverage, spreads, traders feedbacks from around internet.
that is why i moved to Tickmill, since they were armada markets they have shown integrity, and honesty, plus a perfect trading conditions for retail traders/ developing country traders.

ijak8510

Trader
Sep 29, 2015
well most broker i choose in past day, and the broker i choose today- Tickmill, - i considered several factors, and you have mention it all. but the most important , i think, how long they are in this business, More riskier trade with just online broker, than broker that already online for months.so reputation is matter

2nd factor , why i trade with my current broker, are the review , most reputable broker always have a bad and good review, but they never, ever have any withdrawing issue

Saska

Trader
Jan 21, 2016
Для меня самое главное, чтобы сохранить капитал. Я выбрал FreshForex исключительно по этой причине. Затем они были специальную акцию - страхование от стоп-аут.