Your best strategies in Forex??

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
Do you actually trade forex with or without strategies? Actually we have many tools available to trade and i wanted to know what is the best and what is your plan? I normally trade with indicators, ST & TP & without spread. So far it is working. If any of you want to share your ideas and suggestion, that will be great :)

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for replying back. That's very good strategies you are using in FOREX. Seems that you know well how you can analysed the market. However, is it easy to follow the chart patterns in forex. It is important to apply ST/TP as we should never ever trade without placing them. Money management is the most important factor in forex as it can educate us how to control the money and give us good advice about how to manage it efficiently. Thanks for sharing these with us as it will really helps us. If any of you have soemthing to share with us concerning your strategies, please post. :))

dynamicsoul

Active Trader
Sep 25, 2012
www.appsoma.com
I use small 5 minute breakouts of 123 patterns on GBP/USd and EUR/USD.. and do ok as long as I get an entry that offers a stop no more than 15 - 20 pips away from entry..

I also only trade in the same direction as the last trend bar on the market trend charts on livecharts uk site..

signals_chart_new.php

Sep 19, 2012
Cyprus
www.infinmarkets.com
For learning the Best Forex Trading Strategies you need a time, but always take into consideration the combination of indicators and price models for the seed of tradable signals.
I heard that many forex traders have found themselves in trading situations which have a tendency to repeat over time

candle7779

Banned
Sep 27, 2012
Hi everyone. I realize that it needs a lot of time to create own strategy of making money on Forex. But I’m newbie. And want to earn now. Would you help me to choose a right for new one. I am choosing new strategy for trading. May be someone share with variants. Traders tell that scalping is rather good when you start an order quickly it shut to profit. But I hesitate if it is convenient, because I can lose more money than earn if the price goes against me. Is it a good idea to open long in small volumes. Do you have any variants.
Thanks a lot.

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
I use small 5 minute breakouts of 123 patterns on GBP/USd and EUR/USD.. and do ok as long as I get an entry that offers a stop no more than 15 - 20 pips away from entry..

I also only trade in the same direction as the last trend bar on the market trend charts on livecharts uk site..

signals_chart_new.php

Great see some good strategies out here guys!! Well done and am sure these will help you to achieve success in Forex. We should always build our plan and develop it to make it reliable and strong enough to count upon :)

GTOptions

Banned
Mar 10, 2012
Strategy mainly depends on your goal and trading platform. However, the simple way to get success in Forex trading is just follow the latest market trends and take decision according to that, this strategy will never fail in any business.

belvaxy

Trader
Feb 18, 2013
Spain
Do you actually trade forex with or without strategies? Actually we have many tools available to trade and i wanted to know what is the best and what is your plan? I normally trade with indicators, ST & TP & without spread. So far it is working. If any of you want to share your ideas and suggestion, that will be great :)

I trade with the Smalfi Method.
No indicators, no EA, no stop loss.

Only math and strict money management!

caos

Trader
Mar 8, 2013
Monaco
I trade with the Smalfi Method.
No indicators, no EA, no stop loss.

Only math and strict money management!

Without E.A. how do you handle a mathematical system?
Do you manage it in your head? by hand? I do not understand.
Please, be clearer.
Can I see the results you've got with it?

belvaxy

Trader
Feb 18, 2013
Spain
Without E.A. how do you handle a mathematical system?
Do you manage it in your head? by hand? I do not understand.
Please, be clearer.
Can I see the results you've got with it?

I started trading in real with Smalfi Method three months ago. It works 'cause it is mathematical! :)
It is not discretional, so you have to follow the IN and OUT learned during the course.
However, people who follow this method in 2011 carried out 62,5%,
and 2012 (year with low volatility) realized 29.5%.

xelmo

Trader
Feb 19, 2013
I started trading in real with Smalfi Method three months ago. It works 'cause it is mathematical! :)
It is not discretional, so you have to follow the IN and OUT learned during the course.
However, people who follow this method in 2011 carried out 62,5%,
and 2012 (year with low volatility) realized 29.5%.

62%? I don't believe it!
Are you trying to sell us something?

belvaxy

Trader
Feb 18, 2013
Spain
62%? I don't believe it!
Are you trying to sell us something?

No, I'm not trying to sell anything.
These results are published in their official site.

This - for example - is their corporate account, opened in Sept. 2011

Attachments

• senzatitolo1jvr.jpg
    senzatitolo1jvr.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 47

xelmo

Trader
Feb 19, 2013
I did some research on the internet and I noticed that many sites talking about this Smalfi. I also saw there were some discussions on the drawdown, which actually is a bit overblown (+60%). How do you explain it ?

belvaxy

Trader
Feb 18, 2013
Spain
I did some research on the internet and I noticed that many sites talking about this Smalfi. I also saw there were some discussions on the drawdown, which actually is a bit overblown (+60%). How do you explain it ?

If you did some research on Internet you can find that Drawdown is not applicable to our strategy because we prefer to maintain trades in negative rather than use 'stop loss' because, in the end, the account will not suffer from these negative orders. The Smalfi Method is different from traditional strategies because its money management system controls risk through lots-size, number of open trades and target range.

For this reason, DrawDown doesn’t apply to our strategy.

From the first day, we know how far to push the Draw Down.
So having a percentage value >60% does not mean being unlucky; it is planned for and anticipated from the beginning.

Furthermore if you take a carefull look to the graph the value is referred to june-july of 2012, and on Myfxbook remains recorded the old maximum value of DD.

Last edited:

xelmo

Trader
Feb 19, 2013
we prefer to maintain trades in negative rather than use 'stop loss' because, in the end, the account will not suffer from these negative orders.

How can you be so sure?
You can be lucky one time, two times, three times max, but not more...

belvaxy

Trader
Feb 18, 2013
Spain
DrawDown doesn’t apply to our strategy.

To make more clear the statement "DrawDown does not apply to our strategy" I'd like to point out the definition of Drawdown.
The Drawdown is the reduction of one's capital after a series of losing trades. This is normally calculated by the difference between getting a relative peak in minus equity capital to its trough. Traders normally note this down as a percentage of their trading account.

Who is part of the classic trading 'school' using stop loss to avoid too many pips floating loss, and then inserts the stop loss to limit the momentary contrary trend.

In the case of Smalfi, the trading strategy does not use "losing trades" and then the calculation of the drawdown does not make any sense.