What would encourage you to make a deposit?

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I was wondering what encourages you guys to make a new deposit with your broker? Is it after you lost some of your capital? Do you want to boost your capital to increase your profits? What causes you to make a deposit after your initial deposit? Do you take advantage of special deposit bonuses?

I usually make my initial deposit and trade my way up without making a new deposit and I was wondering what you guys do and how you approach it. Thanks for your responses.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
I use Trader's Way, Alpari and FXCM..and with all the three, did get a bonus on initial deposit and that was it..nada after that.
On secondary deposits and so on, usually it was to top the account and micro manage my trading..that was the only reason. And FYI, if you have lost a big chunk of your account, that means you need to head back to trading school and figure out what went wrong before investing even a dime!

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
I was wondering what encourages you guys to make a new deposit with your broker? Is it after you lost some of your capital? Do you want to boost your capital to increase your profits? What causes you to make a deposit after your initial deposit? Do you take advantage of special deposit bonuses?

I usually make my initial deposit and trade my way up without making a new deposit and I was wondering what you guys do and how you approach it. Thanks for your responses.

Those sentences sound familiar ...
Have you opened a thread like this one on Myfxbook, too?
(Just asking to check whether my memory is still functioning or whether I'm hallucinating, hehe.)

In response to the topic: I'm handling it the same way; one deposit, and then trade from there.
Up to now, there fortunately has been no need to top up an account.

Cheers,
P.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Ah well, my trading was a bit risky to start off with, so had to top my account later on - but have applied corrections since then..
On the new brokers vs old brokers, does anyone have any info on referrals and do they get paid and is it out of the broker commission or something else altogether? Just askin'

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
On the new brokers vs old brokers, does anyone have any info on referrals and do they get paid and is it out of the broker commission or something else altogether? Just askin'

Incase you're referring to IBs and rebate programs:
Those get paid a certain percentage of the spread/commission the executing broker (with whom one has a trading account) earns from any trade opened.
They then pass on a portion of that commission back to the trader.

This means that, with an honest broker, the trading conditions (i.e. spread and commission, if any) don't change for the individual trader.

Cheers,
P.

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I use Trader's Way, Alpari and FXCM..and with all the three, did get a bonus on initial deposit and that was it..nada after that.
On secondary deposits and so on, usually it was to top the account and micro manage my trading..that was the only reason. And FYI, if you have lost a big chunk of your account, that means you need to head back to trading school and figure out what went wrong before investing even a dime!

Yes, I know what you mean. I have come across too many traders who blew their accounts and either quit altogether or made a second deposit without assessing what caused their losses.

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Those sentences sound familiar ...
Have you opened a thread like this one on Myfxbook, too?
(Just asking to check whether my memory is still functioning or whether I'm hallucinating, hehe.)

In response to the topic: I'm handling it the same way; one deposit, and then trade from there.
Up to now, there fortunately has been no need to top up an account.

Cheers,
P.

I am active in more than one forum yes. I use the same approach, one deposit and trade my way up.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
LOL yeah been there and hey, hang on a min' we have all been there and had our accounts totaled - thanks for the info on the rebate and referrals and the reason I asked is that I got an email with multiple links in it [sure it's a scam] but was curious to see if it really works for real [the referral part]..

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
Yeah, it does.
This rebate thing can be a nice extra stream of income, if one has an honest IB and broker.

I don't want to advertise who I use here, so if you're interested in a fair offer, send me a pm (I don't benefit from anybody using them).

Cheers,
P.

daveM

Master Trader
I try to stick with my initial deposit as to top up an account indicates a serious error in risk and trade management. Sometimes it would be feasible to increase an account, however we portion our funds for a certain amount and should stick with the commitment.

Initially we should start with an amount sufficient to see some drawdowns and then maintain itself. Of course these things are learned after we have made the mistakes. lol

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I try to stick with my initial deposit as to top up an account indicates a serious error in risk and trade management. Sometimes it would be feasible to increase an account, however we portion our funds for a certain amount and should stick with the commitment.

Initially we should start with an amount sufficient to see some drawdowns and then maintain itself. Of course these things are learned after we have made the mistakes. lol

As long as we do learn from our mistakes :).

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
What encourages me to make a deposit is when I get to confirm the transparency of the broker: no hidden charges, no widening spreads, no withdrawal bottlenecks, no stop hunting, well segregated funds etc. Then I am convinced to allow the broker the deepest privacy of my purse and even suffocate him with deposits if necessary. Once flexible and reliable, am okay with him regulated or not.