How much does the average forex trader make?

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
hey p..... sure seems like the position size would matter greatly......h

Nope, to judge whether a trade is good or whether a system is effective, position size (and thus actual $$$ gained) don't matter at all.

Quite the opposite is true: you cannot judge from gain in dollars/euros/whatever how good or effective a trade or system is.

Have a look at this post for a more detailed (though still simplified) explanation.

Cheers,
P.

Rob Taylor

Active Trader
Oct 14, 2012
UK
www.tradeforexmakemoney.co.uk
//----

hey rob...... is that 100 pips irreguardless of lot size...... or something like 100 pips per one full, standard or mini, lot traded.....h

Hi Hayseed. 100 pips regardless of lot size. Some trades i go in with more, some with less, but i generally go all in all out. I don't scale in and out to increase my pips artificially.

I will sometimes split a trade into 2 entries if the set up requires me to do that.

I hope that helps.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
views

my views seem to differ so much, tend to keep them to myself....

but i still enjoy reading others even if they go against my experiences..... who knows, i might be wrong.......h

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
my views seem to differ so much, tend to keep them to myself....
but i still enjoy reading others even if they go against my experiences..... who knows, i might be wrong.......h

lol, yup. :)
Like I tried to explain to another forum member (in vain, unfortunately) already, calculating performance and the underlying maths aren't a matter of opinion.

But I don't want to start the same discussion in this thread, too.

I have noticed a strong tendency to argue irrefutable facts in this forum, in comparison to other forex fora, in which new traders are quite happy to get advice/education free of charge (not meaning you, hayseed).

While this can be rather amusing, it is also tiring sometimes. :)

Cheers,
P.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Guess that's what makes this the perfect fora, arguing alleged facts and P.O.V as a stand in for indisputable facts..smh.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
its really hard to contain a certain figure/profit in forexx since the possibilities are limitless, it can be somewhere between a fraction of a dollar or a 5-6 digit figure, but to make it easier for new comers I suggest to focus on how to lessen the losing trades that trying to earn more from a trade, its almost the same thing but the first option helps you be more cautious and alert. hopefully it helps :)

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
An average careful trader can make 10 to 20 percent from his investment monthly profit . High profits are not consistent. They are up to a good chance that a trader can avail some times in trading. Regular profits are of small amount . I also make less than 20% profit.

Dec 30, 2015
Toronto
www.daytradetoronto.com
There is no average income in Forex - not in absolute amounts, nor in percentage return. It is a high-risk probabilistic activity with a non-normal distribution of income. Some earn 1% per year, others earn 200% per year, but many more are losing.

Depends on your risk tolerance (are you ready to lose it?), your profitability and your understanding of "decent living". I wouldn't even try with anything below $1 million.

Yes, the same as between two random traders inside those two groups.

I strongly advise you not to do it. Except if you can get yourself hired to some Forex trading company and be able trade there with investors' money.[/QUOTE

Also, perhaps check out www.daytradetoronto.com. We work with several firms that provide trade capital for forex, stock, futures trading. Trading is something that takes time and patience and education. Definitely don't trying doing it full time right away.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Forex trading can't giving fixed income, but usually use big capital will help trader to making huge profit also, and if only have small capital hence also will only getting smallest profit, but indeed sometime trader use small capial but they can making good profit while use huge capital hence only getting loss it still posible occur because forex trading is speculative investment.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Forex trading can't giving fixed income, but usually use big capital will help trader to making huge profit also, and if only have small capital hence also will only getting smallest profit, but indeed sometime trader use small capial but they can making good profit while use huge capital hence only getting loss it still posible occur because forex trading is speculative investment.

Forex trading will become very much profitable to us as we will increase our knowledge about trading and also we will use the Risk control methods that are safe for our trading and can give us a good ans stable income in the long time :)

• 👍
Reactions: derekmassey

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Forex trading will become very much profitable to us as we will increase our knowledge about trading and also we will use the Risk control methods that are safe for our trading and can give us a good ans stable income in the long time :)
We will happy if we can increasing our money in account with small loss trade, and to achieved this goal of cource we need to learrn everyday,forex market also might easy to changed and as trde ralso need to update anaysis if they have long term plan, and for short term trading they need focus and concentration during trades.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Average retail forex trader can earn 1-2K monthly from 8-10K deposit consistently. Of course it depends a lot trading style, risk that trader takes and some other things.

Jan 28, 2015
Russia
I often make 1 thousand per month, :) but when I lose, I lose more than I earn. that's why I don't perform regular trading, and I have many stages to improve at

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Totally depends on capital. I have a 5k account and my target is per month is 5-10%
I am trading part time.
Yes amount capital also can being one reason about how much profit will obtained as forex trader, using huge capital of course they can using higher lot size but still in consideration about money management, get profit monthly with certain percent if they can make in regular basis is good already.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Yes amount capital also can being one reason about how much profit will obtained as forex trader, using huge capital of course they can using higher lot size but still in consideration about money management, get profit monthly with certain percent if they can make in regular basis is good already.

In our trading we should use such trading capital that will let us trade even in the market conditions when the market is actually going down and we have to wait for the clear trends to emerge :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
In our trading we should use such trading capital that will let us trade even in the market conditions when the market is actually going down and we have to wait for the clear trends to emerge :)
Yes we need margin requirement to open any lot size and waiting on the best timing to making entry, often if only rush to making decison hence result that will obtained only makng regret eventually, manage money in forex is not easy without money management plan

Take into consideration that more than 95% of traders lose their money. However the ones who are able to make a living with Forex, make a REALLY good living!
The earning is not limited. As if you can make even 100$ monthly consistently, it means you can increase the amount, raise funds, and leverage your strategy to make even millions. That is the true

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes right, if skill trading always able incresing money in account, hence very possible any trader they become rich from forex business, but in fact not easy to making money and increasing profit, loss also as part in trading, sometime inevitable and beside looking for profit as trader also need pay attention with the risk that involved