Forex Brokers Bonuses, can You Really Withdraw them?

adfxdt

Trader
Nov 20, 2012
Try Yadix, they give cash bonus. The set up is different, you get 40% cash when you reach the trade requirements, no time limits and you can take parts of the bonus each month. This suited me as I don't want my money trapped in a broker.

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
Ummm, Robert, your calculations of how often you'll have to trade the bonus in order to be able to withdraw it are incorrect (you forgot to include leverage) ... but at least making a new post for each 'calculation' helped your post count. :D

Personally I would never do business with a broker who offers any kind of deposit bonus.
A good broker doesn't need tactics like those to lure new customers.

The idea behind offering a bonus is to make people overtrade, so that they will lose not only the bonus money, but their initial (and maybe subsequent) deposits as well.

Cheers,
P.

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Ummm, Robert, your calculations of how often you'll have to trade the bonus in order to be able to withdraw it are incorrect (you forgot to include leverage) ... but at least making a new post for each 'calculation' helped your post count. :D

Personally I would never do business with a broker who offers any kind of deposit bonus.
A good broker doesn't need tactics like those to lure new customers.

The idea behind offering a bonus is to make people overtrade, so that they will lose not only the bonus money, but their initial (and maybe subsequent) deposits as well.

Cheers,
P.

I will have to strongly disagree. A broker has no use for a client who loses an account and can't trade anymore. The more you trade, the better for them so they do not want you to lose your capital.

Yes, there are plenty of bucketshops but there are also plenty of great brokers who offer great bonuses in order to boost your trading activity. A client who blows their account is not good for a broker. I would not generalize they way you do, but it can be challenging to separate the good from the bad.

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
I will have to strongly disagree. A broker has no use for a client who loses an account and can't trade anymore. The more you trade, the better for them so they do not want you to lose your capital.

Yes, of course more trades are better for brokers ... but there are enough new traders getting into forex every day to keep up the flow.

In addition, that's what brokers have invented deposit boni for: so once the initial deposit is gone, they entice people to make another deposit, with another bonus.

Everybody has to decide for him/herself ... that's why I wrote 'Personally I'd never to business with a broker who offers boni'.

Cheers,
P.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
I would go with the bonus option but would advise every newbie to review the fine print before assuming that the bonus equals instant cash..

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
Yep ... same goes for the ToS or any other document you have to click as 'read and accepted'.
It's damn tedious reading 20-30 pages of 'lawyerese', but it can save you a world of grief later on.

In regards to boni, I think it's even more important not to be tempted to overtrade, only to meet the minimum lot volume required to withdraw at least profits from the bonus.
What's the point of risking 200 or 500 bucks, to be permitted to withdraw a fraction of that in bonus-related profit?

Cheers,
P.

Last edited:

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Agreed, newbies should learn to manage their accounts better. Guess the temptation is there to overtrade esp with the bonus, but it makes more sense to read, review the terms and figure out what you are risking for the few $$$.

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yes, of course more trades are better for brokers ... but there are enough new traders getting into forex every day to keep up the flow.

In addition, that's what brokers have invented deposit boni for: so once the initial deposit is gone, they entice people to make another deposit, with another bonus.

Everybody has to decide for him/herself ... that's why I wrote 'Personally I'd never to business with a broker who offers boni'.

Cheers,
P.

Fair enough, you hate a deposit bonus and you stay away from them. In general your assumption wrong that brokers want you to over-trade and lose your money. I am not saying that there are no bucket shops out there who want that, but there are plenty of really good brokers who offer great bonuses as a thank you for your deposit.

Most new traders will not bother with a second deposit after they blow up their account and those who use a bonus to over-trade should not be on the market to start with. All I know that any trader who blows up their account is worthless to a broker.

candle7779

Banned
Sep 27, 2012
I’ve trading with accentforex from 2011. I really like the constant availability of bonuses and contests. Most of all last one - New Year 40% cash bonus. It really worked and withdrawal rather quickly. It was very important thing for me that executions without slippage.

cLeverEdge

Trader
Apr 18, 2013
Melbourne
The way I see it is bonuses are unhealthy for the trader.

- It encourage people to join brokers they wouldn't under any other circumstances
- Encourages over-trading
- Makes them greedy

I admit that with some very clever trading and a full understanding of the T's & C's that some do get to withdraw their bonus as cash - but the people capable of doing such things shouldn't be wasting their time on 'trading coupons' and just concentrate on being damned good traders!

tabalo

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Feb 20, 2013
I agree with your ideas. Broker uses bonus money for encouraging trader to trade more (overtrade).

I wonder some brokers are offering big bonus money 50-100%, so if trader can use it as a good money to trade high leverage and take more profit. Is there any thing bad for broker?

cLeverEdge

Trader
Apr 18, 2013
Melbourne
I wonder some brokers are offering big bonus money 50-100%, so if trader can use it as a good money to trade high leverage and take more profit. Is there any thing bad for broker?

The big bonuses are there to entice people to open accounts and/or switch broker. The fact is you will be paying for your own bonus via the spread anyway.

Larger bonus = Larger trading requirement/volume
Larger volume = more profit for broker

Until you have met the trading requirements, the money is not yours. You can lose your own money trying to get to the bonus.

It's also a way of making you stay with them - I have trader friends who have openly admitted they traded with a brokers they don't like just to 'get their hands on the cash' which is ironic because they're losing their own money in doing so.

My general rule of thumb - the larger the bonus, the more suspicous I am of the broker.

Focus on becoming a profitable trader, with your own money. It's healthier.

tabalo

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for your explain, it's clear. And through your explaination, I know bonus money helps us stay with broker, and if trader is good, they can use bonus money to make more profit. But if not, they wouldn't have anything from bonus money, even get into overtrade.

okon2much

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
There are many Forex brokers that tempt new traders with large bonuses but did you ever think for just one moment if you could really withdraw it? Please give post your FX broker (if they offer a trading bonus) and how much trading volume you need to make and in what time frame it needs to be done in order to claim the 'free' money? Please do not post unregulated FX brokers as even if they offer you a 600% bonus you are unlikely to be able to withdraw along with your real investment lol Please do not post links to your FX brokers to keep the admin happy :)

There are always going to be criteria for withdrawing bonuses. I use Profiforex and to withdraw bonus you have to meet the following conditions; The client should be willing to trade and for each $10 of the bonus should open one standard lot position. For example, if you received $20 bonus you should have made minimum two deals of one standard lot (each of them) in order to be able to withdraw the bonus.

Also, the bonus amount can be transferred from one account to another. These conditions are completely acceptable compared to what I have seen on other brokers.

trader545

Active Trader
Oct 2, 2009
I've successfully withdrawn bonuses from Real Trade within the last several years.

P.S. In honor of its 10th anniversary celebration, Real Trade runs a photo contest "Draw, gather or build the "Real Trade" logo with materials you have on hand and win $100!".

Photo contest period: June 1 to July 15, 2013 (inclusive).

adfxdt

Trader
Nov 20, 2012
Guys, if the bonus is offered with trading power and crazy restictions, it offers no value and the broker is a market maker, something i cant trade with! some might argue that the ability to use the bonus in periods of draw down is an advantage, but i don't want my money to be tied up with any broker.

On the other hand, if the bonus offered doesn't have restrictions and it gives me extra cash value, why not? I think that each of us has different requirements,but for me, as I mentioned previously, my brokers bonus and rebates are real cash and suit me to generate extra cash in my balance. I can claim when if my equity is getting low so it gives me a cash boost when I want it. As you can see, I have factored into my strategy :)

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
There are many Forex brokers that tempt new traders with large bonuses but did you ever think for just one moment if you could really withdraw it? Please give post your FX broker (if they offer a trading bonus) and how much trading volume you need to make and in what time frame it needs to be done in order to claim the 'free' money? Please do not post unregulated FX brokers as even if they offer you a 600% bonus you are unlikely to be able to withdraw along with your real investment lol Please do not post links to your FX brokers to keep the admin happy :)
You could be wrong as regards your discriminatory perspective of unregulated broker. In true words, am not obsessed with unregulated brokers but I know a friend who works with them, they offered bonuses like the no deposit, cashbacks and rebates which so far he has withdrawn. He trades with AGEA.While unregulated, AGEA strives to adhere as strictly as possible to the standard laid out in MiFID. It seems that the no deposit bonus at AGEA is very easy to withdraw as long as you present the necessary documents and a number of people have reported that they have successfully withdrawn their bonus and profits made from the bonus. Try wash yourself off this bias with due researches.