Trading which timeframe?

Normally, I trade on the M15 timeframe. Why? I like the change in action. What TF do you roost on mostly?

I'm hearing more and more solid reasonings as to why I should be trading H4 or D1 TFs. And they seem to make sense. So, this coming week, I'll only trade those two TFs. According to some "experts," I should pay for less trades and reap larger profits. We'll see if there's any truth to this.

Have you spent much time on the lower TFs? If so, did you see a profit increase after moving to the higher TFs? Normally, I shoot for $150-200 sized profits/trade on M15, and grab it 2-3 trades a day. This is one of the reasons for the earlier raw tick signal question.

You said you prefer long-term trades. Why? What benefit do you realize? Hey, I'm still learning. Throw out some crumbs. LOL I realize the move will cut me loose from the computer AND I know I'll miss the lower TF action. This is why I love Forex, the learning and the action. Get them right and the money takes care of itself.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Have you spent much time on the lower TFs? If so, did you see a profit increase after moving to the higher TFs? Normally, I shoot for $150-200 sized profits/trade on M15, and grab it 2-3 trades a day. This is one of the reasons for the earlier raw tick signal question.

You said you prefer long-term trades. Why? What benefit do you realize? Hey, I'm still learning. Throw out some crumbs. LOL I realize the move will cut me loose from the computer AND I know I'll miss the lower TF action. This is why I love Forex, the learning and the action. Get them right and the money takes care of itself.

My performance on lower timeframes has been quite negative overall.

I prefer long-term trading because of less percentage of profit lost to spreads and less time lost on analysis and order setting. And, of course, it seems to me that I get less noise on higher timeframe charts.

Evidently, my style isn't appreciated on higher timeframes. LOL M15/M30 is where I seem to "fit in." I've been working the H4/D1 Frames now for a couple of days and, pardon me, it drives me stir crazy.

That's why I'm trying to find someone knowledgeable enough to build a "Volatility Indicator" for me. Guess I just need the juice.

Apr 17, 2012
Time frame totally depends on your trading style as well as strategy. There is no holy grail approach.

Absolutely right.
If you are a scalping trader, then you should go with small time frame, M5 and M1. this will be the best choice for you.
if you are a swing trader, then go with higher time frame.

so that is depend on.

Livermore

Trader
Dec 18, 2011
Italy
www.myfxbook.com
Absolutely right.
If you are a scalping trader, then you should go with small time frame, M5 and M1. this will be the best choice for you.

so that is depend on.
Yes,it depends on.
There are scalpers that use high time frames and swing traders that use small time frames.

shanewatson

Trader
Oct 10, 2012
Normally, I trade on the M15 timeframe. Why? I like the change in action. What TF do you roost on mostly?

I'm hearing more and more solid reasonings as to why I should be trading H4 or D1 TFs. And they seem to make sense. So, this coming week, I'll only trade those two TFs. According to some "experts," I should pay for less trades and reap larger profits. We'll see if there's any truth to this.

I am a day trader. I use H1 timeframe and also use H4 and D1 timeframe for more confirmation. I think when we combine different timeframe it can give us better result in making technical analysis.

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
I'm day- and swing-trading on H1 and H4 mainly, so I use M30 and M15 to try perfecting entries as well as D1 and W1 to determine stronger trends (stepping back to get a 'bigger picture' with less ambient noise).

Cheers,
P.

Kungfupanda

Banned
Oct 8, 2012
Absolutely right.

so that is depend on.

This is the good answer for topic owner's question.
Higher timeframe is suitable for long-term traders. But please notice at least timeframe to see clearly the trends of market.

tradersam

Trader
Nov 25, 2012
I trade H1 mainly and see H4 and W1 for trend confirmation. Someone told me that if you are trading M1 TF then you should first hide your drink because sooner you will need to get it. :D

Maria08

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
I use M30 and M15 time frames mostly and before placing order I check all the time frame.
The best time frame can not be decided as a whole because different traders have different options and strategies, so every trader has his own best timeframe or timeframes.