Dots

donglee

Trader
Dec 8, 2014
usa
I was trying to set up an alarm or email signal when the color of the dots changes. However, I could not set up or find such feature.

Can anyone advise me on how to set up an alarm or email signal for this indicator if there is any way to do so?

Aug 27, 2017
Florida USA
Is there a version of this indicator available in the current (post 2014 MT4 Build 600) MQL4 language? Great indicator!! I want to use it in an EA generator, unfortunately, the old MQL4 language prevents accurate execution. I appreciate the response.

Aug 27, 2017
Florida USA
Thanks for your response. As I stated in my initial post, I want to use the Dot indicator as an EA. The EA generator will not accept old MQL4 language. It must be post 2014 (MT4 Build 600+) MQL4 language, to work accurately. The vast number of indicators I see are still in the old MQL4 language, which is fine for manual trading. I appreciate your insight.

Last edited:

rhcapati

Trader
Feb 28, 2021
How to use with an EA? The indicator work's fine with current graph, but when visually testing it's plot only one color. I tried to create another buffer to get the trend value too but no success. Any help? Thanks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
How to use with an EA? The indicator work's fine with current graph, but when visually testing it's plot only one color. I tried to create another buffer to get the trend value too but no success. Any help? Thanks.
You can use it with an EA like any other indicator. Its buffer #0 holds the values for uptrend, its buffer #1 holds values for downtrend. You have something wrong in the Strategy Tester if it doesn't show its backtester properly.

rhcapati

Trader
Feb 28, 2021
You can use it with an EA like any other indicator. Its buffer #0 holds the values for uptrend, its buffer #1 holds values for downtrend. You have something wrong in the Strategy Tester if it doesn't show its backtester properly.

Hi @Enivid , thanks for your attention.

From the code, buffer #1 holds values for the color, or I missing something?

MQL5:
SetIndexBuffer(0, Buffer, INDICATOR_DATA);
SetIndexBuffer(1, Color, INDICATOR_COLOR_INDEX);

How I can know the direction for the current trend? Basically for each closed candle, I want to check the previous candle trend. For example, with an open position, I want to exit the trade when the trend changes.

About the Strategy Tester, is there a recommended settings? When the test begin I can see the history plot the colors just fine, but the ongoing test show only one color, but the prices buffer is correctly.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi @Enivid , thanks for your attention.

From the code, buffer #1 holds values for the color, or I missing something?

MQL5:
SetIndexBuffer(0, Buffer, INDICATOR_DATA);
SetIndexBuffer(1, Color, INDICATOR_COLOR_INDEX);

How I can know the direction for the current trend? Basically for each closed candle, I want to check the previous candle trend. For example, with an open position, I want to exit the trade when the trend changes.

About the Strategy Tester, is there a recommended settings? When the test begin I can see the history plot the colors just fine, but the ongoing test show only one color, but the prices buffer is correctly.
Sorry, I didn't realize you were asking about the version for MT5.
In MT5, you can use buffer #1, which holds the color index: 0 - up, 1 - down.
There is a bug with the current candle color calculation that causes Strategy Tester and real-time color stay the same. I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

• 👍
Reactions: rhcapati

rhcapati

Trader
Feb 28, 2021
Sorry, I didn't realize you were asking about the version for MT5.
In MT5, you can use buffer #1, which holds the color index: 0 - up, 1 - down.
There is a bug with the current candle color calculation that causes Strategy Tester and real-time color stay the same. I will try to fix it as soon as possible.
I'm trying to get buffer #1 values from previous candles, but the result is always 0. Maybe it's related with Strategy Tester in real-time too?

rhcapati

Trader
Feb 28, 2021
There is another problem with the Filter parameter, the result is different when testing.

As you can see in the image, top is the open graph, and below is the real-time testing (Length = 12, Filter = 15):

snap_filter.jpg