Consistent profit is hard

Sheldon56

Banned
Apr 18, 2020
It is hard, but not impossible.
Give yourself time, some good practice and planning, consistency won't be that hard to achieve.

Oswald

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
Interesting topic. I have realized that there is no such way of trading which promise 100% of profitable deals. Instead, I have focused on a monthly targets in %. In my view, this was better solution

DamianSimen

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
I'm a beginner in forex and would like to know when should a beginner expect for consistent profit ?

Should i start with a small capital in live trading even if i'm good in demo, because the demo and live is said to be different while trading ?

• 👍
Reactions: Jerry_Ken

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm a beginner in forex and would like to know when should a beginner expect for consistent profit ?
You should expect consistent profit only when you start making consistent profit at least on demo or in backtests - there is no set timeframe for that this will happen. For some people, it takes years to become profitable Forex traders.

Should i start with a small capital in live trading even if i'm good in demo, because the demo and live is said to be different while trading ?
Yes, you definitely should proceed with a small live account when you are profitable on demo. This will allow you to test your skills with live market execution and live account emotions. It will also let you to test your broker without committing lots of money.

• 👍
Reactions: Johnson1234

Resolve

Master Trader
Dec 7, 2013
It's true that getting a profit consistently is hard as the forex market is highly volatile.
I can say that trading in the Forex markets will not always give your profits, so you need to do selective trading and stay away from such trades that will result into a loss.

danielbro

Trader
Nov 26, 2020
It is very hard, but if you keep on learning and making a proper strategy, it will gradually become easier in time.

hk_09

Banned
Oct 30, 2020
Consistent profit is difficult, but not impossible. With good planning and practice, it is definitely possible

• 👍
Reactions: Terry_8

Jerry_Ken

Trader
Dec 11, 2020

Consistency is not something you'll be able to achieve early. Many experienced traders still struggle for it, but with constant practice and trading, surely soon.
As for the capital, yes its wise to start with a small sum than with a huge sum because yes emotions do play a huge role on a live account, so better start small.

• 👍

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Consistently profiting is next to impossible for the vast majority of traders out there. That is not to say that such traders don't exist - they certainly do, but getting there involves a lot of effort, stress, and often - lost funds.

• 👍
Reactions: hk_09

hk_09

Banned
Oct 30, 2020
Consistently profiting is next to impossible for the vast majority of traders out there. That is not to say that such traders don't exist - they certainly do, but getting there involves a lot of effort, stress, and often - lost funds.
Yes, major bunch of beginners do not reach that stage of success, because they somewhere prefer quitting than putting in those efforts in this market. It is all about choices.

Resolve

Master Trader
Dec 7, 2013
Yes, major bunch of beginners do not reach that stage of success, because they somewhere prefer quitting than putting in those efforts in this market. It is all about choices.
Many times when we are actually doing our trades then we cannot get the profits. This is when the losses in our trading accunts start to accumulate. We need to do such types of trades that can give us more profits then the losses to be able to get consistent profits from our trading.

Akwin

Trader
Oct 12, 2020
Greetings,

Hope all is well.

Please give me the chance to express my point of view, first I would like to shed lights on the idea that life is about ups and downs, so I believe that consistent profit is really hard to keep up, however, this is not impossible but it really needs years of experience and wide knowledge. We should not stress about consistent profit, people learn from their mistakes. Stressing will impact our mental health negatively and this will affect our trading decisions.

Your opinion matters.

Regards,
Akwin

• 👍

hk_09

Banned
Oct 30, 2020
It is really hard to make consistent profit but not impossible as there are a lot of successful traders who are making profit regularly, make a good trading strategy, don’t let your emotion play any role and practice on demo.
Yes! Practice is a must here in forex and demo account makes for a good practicing way for traders.

Resolve

Master Trader
Dec 7, 2013
Yes! Practice is a must here in forex and demo account makes for a good practicing way for traders.
If we will keep doing practice in our trades then we will become better Forex traders and our error margins will also start to come down.

• 👍
Reactions: hk_09