How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
No dude.. the TP should move to the value of SL Line from Entry line automatically..
in the above example the current market price is 1.1220... I set SL line at 1.1230 and click on Take profit button the calculation is perfect and initially the TP line moves to 1.1210 because the SL is 10 pip.. .. but when price moves down to 1.1210, the TP line shows 1.1200, instead of 1.1190 (the SL line is now 20 pip diffrence so it should move to 1.1190)..

PS: where ever the entry line moves the TP Line should move to the difference SL line difference.. Wait.. I'll explain with screen shots.. so it'll be very clear..

Dear @Enivid that update will be available?.

Kind Regards

zacz

Sep 22, 2020
What happens when you click the Long/Short button near the Entry field?

For the ATR options to appear, you need to set ShowATROptions input to true.

Thanks for your quick reply,

I have the indicator on about 20 pairs at the same time and seem to have several problems:

1) Clicking on the ENTRY to switch LONG to SHORT sometimes does not change.
2) The Reward/Risk isnt working correctly - see this video. Ton an SL and TP multiplier being the same, the Risk $ and AUD $ should be the same, but it is not! https://www.loom.com/share/c931350a538447a28de8c2a133561900

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1) Clicking on the ENTRY to switch LONG to SHORT sometimes does not change.

This can happen sometimes, especially if there is some chart object behind the button, which could be intercepting the click event.

2) The Reward/Risk isnt working correctly - see this video. Ton an SL and TP multiplier being the same, the Risk $ and AUD $ should be the same, but it is not! https://www.loom.com/share/c931350a538447a28de8c2a133561900
Is it Pepperstone's Razor or Standard account type? I need to know to test it.

zacz

Sep 22, 2020
This can happen sometimes, especially if there is some chart object behind the button, which could be intercepting the click event.

Is it Pepperstone's Razor or Standard account type? I need to know to test it.

Its the RAZOR account i am using it on........

Brait

Trader
Sep 22, 2020
thanks @Enivid. i think it would be very nice if you embed an EXECUTE button on the indicator panel to call up the PSC Trader Script for the execution instead of going to the navigation window to drag and drop the script each and every time. Does this make sense to you sir @Enivid ?

As for my earlier suggestion, I understand your explanation. However, can you provide an option for those TPs to be in percentage or fraction/multiple of the SL instead. Such that the script will take the DIFF(Entry,SL) value and initialize that value as 1 or 100%. Then if I want my first TP at equidistance opposite to the SL, all I'll do is just input 100 as my percentage for that.

I might not use the right programming terminologies but I hope you understand my idea. Much thanks again sir

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
thanks @Enivid. i think it would be very nice if you embed an EXECUTE button on the indicator panel to call up the PSC Trader Script for the execution instead of going to the navigation window to drag and drop the script each and every time. Does this make sense to you sir @Enivid ?
This isn't possible without using DLL imports. This is something I would like to avoid in PSC.

As for my earlier suggestion, I understand your explanation. However, can you provide an option for those TPs to be in percentage or fraction/multiple of the SL instead. Such that the script will take the DIFF(Entry,SL) value and initialize that value as 1 or 100%. Then if I want my first TP at equidistance opposite to the SL, all I'll do is just input 100 as my percentage for that.

You can already set the first of the multiple TP's using the Take Profit button to set TP = 100% of SL. As for setting all of the multiple TPs using some percentage, I will consider adding that feature in the future.

Brait

Trader
Sep 22, 2020
Yeah right @Enivid I learned from your video the solution for 1. ==Set a HOTKEY.

As for 2, I also have learnt to split into multiple orders and take profits separately. You are really a genius. However, the script demands the partial TPs price levels to be imputed manually as a hard price(eg. 1.03457).

Can you please utilize similar function here in the Partials as you did in the Indicator input setting where you gave an option for ''TP Multiplier for SL value, appears in Take-profit button.'' Such that the trader can either input a hard price level or a SL value multiplier for each of the Partial TPs.
Your splendid project is getting too close to perfection already. Thanks for making this available here @Enivid

kehrman

Oct 14, 2020
Hi @Enivid

I have an issue I can not find in your FAQ or in this thread. Probably not the first to ask this. Love your scripts functionality btw, but the following does not want to work.

I tried installing, compiling the Calculator multiple times.
I downloaded it again, installed again, compiled again. everything as per script.
It works, but everytime I start the calculator again the settings are reset to standard settings.
When I save the settings to a settings file it won't load that - under experts tab it's saying "no settings file to laod / none to delete."

I use a bunch of indicators and all don't revert to there standard settings. This is the first indicactor I had to compile though.
Also no change if I tick "allow changes to system".

I don't know what I am doing wrong... :/

I am using the latest download of the MT5 Version along with MT5 and ICMarkets buil 2650

Last edited:

kehrman

Oct 14, 2020
After compiling as shown in the tutorials, I am double clicking the indie in the navigator or dragging the indi from the navigator to the chart.
Then it opens the editables. So when I change the values, colours, lines, settings to my liking I apply with OK.
So at this point everything works just fine.

If I close the indicator window and I added back in with the shortcut or with dragging it onto the chart again, the settings are reset to standard.

- Do I need to have the calculator always on / or minimized?

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
After compiling as shown in the tutorials, I am double clicking the indie in the navigator or dragging the indi from the navigator to the chart.
Then it opens the editables. So when I change the values, colours, lines, settings to my liking I apply with OK.

If I close the indicator window and I added back in with the shortcut or with dragging it onto the chart again, the settings are reset to standard.

Yes.. Just minimize it so the value will not change.

Of course every indicator will set it's default value if you drag it first time.

best way you can open other Symbol chart window and drag the indicator and change the value as you wish. If you want change the counter. just drag and drop from market window.

Kind Regards

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Yes, you have to keep it on that chart and you can minimize it there.

If you really want to remove it after setting up input parameters, just Save the input parameters (on the Inputs tab on the indicator's Edit window and then don't forget to Load them when attaching the indicator again.

However, this only restores the input parameters - any changes you made via the panel (e.g., Entry level or Risk %) are deleted once you remove the indicator from the chart.

Bravo_one

Oct 15, 2020
@Enivid,

A million thanks to you for your work.
You have made trading so much easier.

Keep it up!!!

Is it possible to set the broker volume step parameter to nearest higher number?
Currently, when the PSC script sends the order, it defaults to the nearest lower number.
For example, the Position Size calculation is at .29, the script will send an order for .2.
It would be really awesome if there's an option to set it to the nearest higher number at .3.

Last edited:
  • 👍

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it possible to set the broker volume step parameter to nearest higher number?
Currently, when the PSC script sends the order, it defaults to the nearest lower number.
For example, the Position Size calculation is at .29, the script will send an order for .2.
It would be really awesome if there's an option to set it to the nearest higher number at .3.
I'm not sure that there is a good way to do that. The default behavior should definitely be the current one - to limit the risk, the rounding of position size is always done down. The only way that I think this could be solved is by adding another panel control to the Script tab.

But how did you get 0.29 calculated by the indicator in the first place? Position Size Calculator indicator respects the volume step parameter just like PSC-Trader script.

Ben-FX

Trader
May 1, 2020
I've a few suggestions for the indicator that might be helpful to reduce unwanted risk percentages and speed up scalp positions with initial entries terminal_u56e83Ji3M.png

• 👍

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I've a few suggestions for the indicator that might be helpful to reduce unwanted risk percentages and speed up scalp positions with initial entries View attachment 17106
I'll think about adding this in the next version but I'm not a huge fan of adding even more buttons in the already overloaded panel.

• 👍
Reactions: Ben-FX
Status
Not open for further replies.